UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Samurai Flamenco coming back as a complete collection I honestly didn't expect given how long it took to be sold out and that it's an Aniplex series also. I already own the individual collector's edition sets but I do think folks should give the series a chance as it's very unique to your usual anime show. It's more of a homage to the super sentai genre than it is your typical 'Kick-Ass' or super hero series, and I consider it to be pretty good even if it has some flaws here and there.

It seems all the these four new titles will be old titles released as new products, like giving them a complete collection release or a new release in a different form/package?

I suspect not as much demand from the sale taking up their time to package everything up. I did order very early on as well so with in the first hour of going live. But it dispatched yesterday via FedEX for the 2 mystery bundles, and I suspect cause I have another FedEx parcel from RightStuf that may have hastened it getting delivered as they could bundle them together and do in one trip.
May I ask, did you actually select fedex or express delivery, or did you chose free delivery via royal mail and they sent it via fedex anyway, like what happened with my xmas sale shipments?

Because if it was the latter, then that completely rules me out of ordering anything in the sale, not going to risk having to deal with them again, their charges for "collection of vat on your behalf" were more than the vat itself last time...

It seems all the these four new titles will be old titles released as new products, like giving them a complete collection release or a new release in a different form/package?
One of the early bird slots is definitely confirmed to be an unannounced title, and I reckon the other slot will likely be InuYasha Season 1. There's more early birds planned for the other Fridays of the month which I believe will be detailed in their monthly blog post once the sale is over.

But in December they announced them all before and let us plan. Why are they being worse that’s what is confusing. Why did they set a method in December, 8 months later ignore it and make it worse it’s confusing.

May I ask, did you actually select fedex or express delivery, or did you chose free delivery via royal mail and they sent it via fedex anyway, like what happened with my xmas sale shipments?

Because if it was the latter, then that completely rules me out of ordering anything in the sale, not going to risk having to deal with them again, their charges for "collection of vat on your behalf" were more than the vat itself last time...
I just left it as the standard option (so free postage).

Sometimes they chose FedEX I assume due to either the value of the contents or size of the parcel the use (but I presume it more down to the sizer of the parcel).
In the case of the mystery Bundles, each bundle came in a 11x22xx18cm box and they then came 1 parcel box 26x26x27cm.
I did other orders of BOGOF and Ultimate/collector edition and they are coming via Royal mail.

From their post promoting the sale;
we know that you love the opportunity to be the first to pre-order brand-new titles, and so this summer we have a grand total of four brand new Early Bird pre-orders available for you to pick up!
These new titles include some familiar faces from our catalogue of titles making a return, but you should expect a surprise or two as well
The first statement is a little misleading and poorly phrased IMO, it doesn't actually say that the 4 early birds would be "brand-new titles", but it does suggest it, the second is clearer though, with "surprise or two" hopefully meaning literally two, as in the remaining two early birds.

They probably should have staggered them, with today's one announced tomorrow, and a brand new one that we know they're working on announced today instead, and something new entirely on friday, presuming that is what we're getting.

Between the phrasing of the announcement and the 2 early birds so far they just kind of set most of us up for disappointment at this stage, hopefully we'll all have forgotten that after the next 2 titles though.

I don't get much via FedEx but whenever they have tried to charge me this vat handling fee I've managed to get them to waive it. Paying vat is fine, but paying a fee on top to me isn't.

I guess most people won't bother challenging it so they just try charging it and hope that people will cough up.

I just left it as the standard option (so free postage).

Sometimes they chose FedEX I assume due to either the value of the contents or size of the parcel the use (but I persume it more down to the sizer of the parcel).
In the case of the mystery Bundles, each bundle came in a 11x22xx18cm box and they then came 1 parcel box 26x26x27cm.
I did other orders of BOGOF and Ultimate/collector edition and they are coming via Royal mail.
Thank you very much, that does make sense wrt the larger parcels, still leaves me hesitant to risk any order though, I'll probably just try a small order with 2 items from BOGOF and ask in the comment section on the order page for them to send via royal mail and not a private courier.

Thank you very much, that does make sense wrt the larger parcels, still leaves me hesitant to risk any order though, I'll probably just try a small order with 2 items from BOGOF and ask in the comment section on the order page for them to send via royal mail and not a private courier.
Maybe worth messaging before hand if really concerned, and maybe state in that message what your interested in so they can get a rough idea of the size of the parcel (and value), and obviously that your not in the UK and concerned about import cost and charges via FedEx. They are usually pretty quick at responding, but the comments section of the order is probably a good idea either way.

Gotta say out of everything AL have ever released that was the absolute last thing I expected to get a complete set...
I liked the series and the artwork looks great though 🤷‍♂️

Weird choice. While I think it's a series worth watching because it does some interesting and unexpected things, I would never have expected a re-release.

I have no hard data, of course, but is there really demand for Flamenco when the initial releases took years and several deep discounts to sell out?

Badass slipcase, though.

Might be a case of that FMP collectors re-release and its only 300-500 units. Not something that I or have seen others express interest in though.

Unless it’s a major issue that’s already had a recall, their re-issues usually use the same discs as the originals so I wouldn’t get your hopes up for any corrections

Back