UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well my guess that is probably the "familiar one" they referenced in terms of returning I presume (unless there's one more).

One down, three more to go indeed. And not to mention more early birds coming on the other Fridays of the month.

One of the EBs is a standard edition of the Weathering With You 4K for £24.99.

It got leaked via a sponsored Facebook post that links to the following address.

The url isn't live yet.
Maybe another one is standard Your Name 4K then? I know Hong Kong got a release of it

They put new title to mean its a new title for the sale

The Familiar Favorite was referencing its a re-release
They also said:
NEW PRODUCTS
Again in keeping with our Christmas sale, we know that you love the opportunity to be the first to pre-order brand-new titles, and so this summer we have a grand total of four brand new Early Bird pre-orders available for you to pick up!

I wouldn't call this a brand new title. I thought familiar favourite would refer to a second season of Sound! Euphonium, March Comes in like a Lion or Amanchu etc. being licensed. But it seems I had too high hopes.

But it is a new product. You couldn’t get a 4K SE before.
And March comes in like a lion S2 and Sound S2 are never gonna happen, it’s been too long they haven’t even got Liz and the blue bird which is critically acclaimed.

And March comes in like a lion S2 and Sound S2 are never gonna happen, it’s been too long they haven’t even got Liz and the blue bird which is critically acclaimed.
Well f*ck... I'm getting more and more out of touch with English anime distributors (AND manga publishers). My interests and tastes just sadly doesn't match with them. Or I am just too nit-picky. Or both.

I didn't like Weathering With You that much so the previous UHD release was a bit too rich for my taste, but that'll do me nicely. Hopefully it won't be too long before we hear about whatever the next UHD release will be. MSG Trilogy would be very nice.

I take it this sale, is to replace the usual monthly announcement of what is coming in September/October, think I'd rather just have the announcement.
That's actually being saved until the sale is over, since we do have early birds incoming for the rest of August that will likely go over the second half of September and early October presumably.

I suspect not as much demand from the sale taking up their time to package everything up. I did order very early on as well so with in the first hour of going live. But it dispatched yesterday via FedEX for the 2 mystery bundles, and I suspect cause I have another FedEx parcel from RightStuf that may have hastened it getting delivered as they could bundle them together and do in one trip.

Back