UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If anyone can answer this question: has AL started using the same discs for UK/France, or have they done so on releases other than Re:Zero? I'm interested in a few Gundam titles that I may be able to acquire locally but I would prefer English subtitles to French.

Not a deal-breaker, but still a preference.

If anyone can answer this question: has AL started using the same discs for UK/France, or have they done so on releases other than Re:Zero? I'm interested in a few Gundam titles that I may be able to acquire locally but I would prefer English subtitles to French.

Not a deal-breaker, but still a preference.
It's kind of random what gets the same disc in UK/FR. Doesn't happen frequently. The Gundam releases that use same discs in UK/FR are:

• Gundam Movie Trilogy
  • Gundam The Origin I-IV and V-VI
  • Zeta Gundam
  • Gundam ZZ
  • Gundam NT (theatrical version, not home video version unfortunately)
  • Gundam Reconguista in G

Iron Blooded Orphans French release might be better than the UK release if it uses home video master with improvements. UK release ports the Funi release with broadcast version.

Last edited:
It's kind of random what gets the same disc in UK/FR. Doesn't happen frequently. The Gundam releases that use same discs in UK/FR are:

• Gundam Movie Trilogy
  • Gundam The Origin I-IV and V-VI
  • Zeta Gundam
  • Gundam ZZ
  • Gundam NT (theatrical version, not home video version unfortunately)
  • Gundam Reconguista in G

Iron Blooded Orphans French release might be better than the UK release if it uses home video master with improvements. UK release ports the Funi release with broadcast version.

Much appreciated! Thank you for the list 🙏

Coincidentally, only The Origin interests me out of that list... I was more looking into getting 00 and Iron Blood Orphans, so I guess I'll have to stick to French subs.

Getting that Hathaway hype!

I hate learning things like this about the stuff I own. Like I'm not a stickler for image quality unless it's very noticable (see Cyber City Oedo) but broadcast versions over blu-ray versions, on a blu-ray release is all kinds of messed up.

I hate learning things like this about the stuff I own. Like I'm not a stickler for image quality unless it's very noticable (see Cyber City Oedo) but broadcast versions over blu-ray versions, on a blu-ray release is all kinds of messed up.
All part of the fun of being an international Gundam fan. If Sunrise put their foot down or the licensor doesn't care then we get inferior releases. Case in point, the SEED HD set was only changed after fans noticed it used the wrong masters.

Personally, I'm still sore about NT. Not only is it seemingly using an inferior cut of the movie but the fun extras are completely missing. And when we complained there was basically a shrug, all whilst other non Gundam titles were noticeably receiving care and affection.

What the, for real ? I saw English and French in the booklet and assumed the same would happen for the discs... What the hell, why.
Yeah the UK discs use the Funi masters. Funnily enough, the French DVD set uses the same collectors packaging so one could theoretically build a UK CE by combining the discs from a UK standard edition Blu and a French DVD set.
Another one which has the same packaging but completely different discs is Gundam 0083, the French one has the same box art and everything but only includes the movie version.

My Violet Evergarden TV CE finally arrived today! I'd hoped it would come in time for me to binge the series before going to see the movie, but there's two problems with that: 1) there's not enough hours available before today's movie showings and 2) there are no bloody showings in Scotland north of Dundee, and that's about 100 miles too far away for me to drive to after work. Oh well.

Anime Limited, next time you release a prominent anime movie, please can you arrange some showings for Aberdeen? Pleeeeeeeaaaase?

Oh, also Anenome / Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution arrived today too. I hope it's better than the abomination that the first movie in this trilogy turned out to be.

My Violet Evergarden TV CE finally arrived today! I'd hoped it would come in time for me to binge the series before going to see the movie, but there's two problems with that: 1) there's not enough hours available before today's movie showings and 2) there are no bloody showings in Scotland north of Dundee, and that's about 100 miles too far away for me to drive to after work. Oh well.

Anime Limited, next time you release a prominent anime movie, please can you arrange some showings for Aberdeen? Pleeeeeeeaaaase?

That's promising hopefully my copy from UP1 ships at some point then if they are getting stock in.

That's promising hopefully my copy from UP1 ships at some point then if they are getting stock in.
Let's hope so, but it's still TBA on their site. And Fujiko/Anemone have also been changed to TBA for some reason - the former released over two weeks ago.

Summat weird going on with them and UP. I did get F91 from them pretty soon after release though 🤷‍♂️

Lupin the third the first for me. Skipping Seed (again) as AO Gundam isn't really my jam.

I guess they don't have enough to fill out this month this time around. After 6 months it's finally chilled out a bit.

Back