UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So the 4 compilation films that came with the original series released by AL, are these "Violet Evergarden the Movie" or something different

I know the movie thats currently on Early Bird is a different movie

Good to see UP1 have an expected date on their site for VE. Annoying its taken almost a year but oh well
There are four compilation films of the series which are included in the AL boxset.

There is the film "Eternity and the auto-memory doll" which is the current Early Bird is essentially an additional story which fits within the series (essentially an extended two-part episode).

There is also "Violet Evergarden: the Movie" which came out in cinemas a short while ago and provides an epilogue / conclusion to the series. I had the luck of seeing it in the cinema a few weeks ago and in my opinion it's pretty neat although not as good as the best episodes from the show.

After images with mass?!

NPe8gqc.jpg

'Times they are changing' is something Dylanesque and sure enough it happens from time to time.

My go to shop for anime was mostly UP1 but it seems this will change in the near future, due to several reasons some of which they don't have control over (ahum Brexit ahum).
But something else happened today which shakes my belief in them being my favourite shop. So I've got an email that my order of May 5th for both Persona parts couldn't be shipped as Part 1 is OOP now, so it seems that whenever they get an order in, they don't reserve a copy :eek: as when I made the order I chose to have both of them shipped together.

Oh well, money saved I guess.

aren't the separate wing boxes both white?

No both Wing sets had a picture background. To be fair so did both Gundam 00 sets (and oddly only one of the two Seed boxes inside the big box...) so at least the overall boxes for those reduced the picture-spine count....

Also I'm happy to compromise slightly mismatched sets in order to have them at all, for the record. Don't want to sound ungrateful or anything!

So I just received a reply from United publication.

Hello,
Sorry to hear of damage to package.
If wish to return we will happy replace item, but you will be charged replacement postage.

So I'm going to be charged postage again for something thats not my fault?
That doesn't seem right.

Not sure how to respond.

Not sure how to respond.
I’d say exactly as you have here, that you shouldn’t be expected to pay another postal charge when the item was damaged in transit. If they want to claim from the courier for the damage they can do so, but that’s not your responsibility. You’ve paid for the goods and the postage already, so you’re entitled to receive in return the goods you’ve paid for in the condition specified (in this case, brand new).

I’d say exactly as you have here, that you shouldn’t be expected to pay another postal charge when the item was damaged in transit. If they want to claim from the courier for the damage they can do so, but that’s not your responsibility. You’ve paid for the goods and the postage already, so you’re entitled to receive in return the goods you’ve paid for in the condition specified (in this case, brand new).
There reply

If package had been sent by special delivery then we would have been able to claim for damage and postage costs.
As a result of your request to send normal post not covered for damage.

Replacement will be sent by special delivery.

If package had been sent by special delivery then we would have been able to claim for damage and postage costs.
As a result of your request to send normal post not covered for damage.
That seems a bit dodgy, but is that stated in their delivery terms & conditions? If it is, you might be out of luck. Still not a particularly good business practice though, especially for anyone who wants to retain customers.

Faced with the same scenario I’d probably hit it a few times with a hammer and then send it back second-class in a paper bag, but I don’t suggest you do this.

Last edited:
No both Wing sets had a picture background. To be fair so did both Gundam 00 sets (and oddly only one of the two Seed boxes inside the big box...) so at least the overall boxes for those reduced the picture-spine count....

Also I'm happy to compromise slightly mismatched sets in order to have them at all, for the record. Don't want to sound ungrateful or anything!
The Freedom vs Providence wraparound is from, if I recall, the Japanese box for the compilations. BEI did similar, giving it a magnetic flap and including it with an LE of SE 1.

Beyond that, the AL release primarily loosely emulates the Japanese sets from a decade ago. Those were very spartan, each having a new piece of character and mecha art amongst a lot of blank space. Most of the pre-HD project assets were used as extras, like the Japanese 2002 DVD covers being used for the art cards.

So I just received a reply from United publication.

Hello,
Sorry to hear of damage to package.
If wish to return we will happy replace item, but you will be charged replacement postage.

So I'm going to be charged postage again for something thats not my fault?
That doesn't seem right.

Not sure how to respond.
That's not right. They should give you a free postage label or something.

This doesn't give me high hopes for United Publication, I've got K-on pre-ordered with them but I might go with AOL instead.

UP1 being a bit dodgy? Never...

Speaking of replacements how long do they usually take from Anime Limited themselves? I returned my SEED set on the 1st and still haven't received my replacement or any indication that it's coming.

Well if it is damaged in the post/in transit then they should be able to make a claim, so damage to box that is visible and gone through to the gundam seed boxset,
But standard royal mail parcels are only covered for £20 and the postage cost. So they may get some back I don't know if it is something they then get returned and like MVM and I think AllTheAnime then essentially call it a write off to the manufacture/distributer (or them selves as damaged stock say), and no idea if that is an option for UP1. But yeah SEED is well over the value of £20. so Would probably only really cover all that posting back and fourth
It's usually the sender that has to make the claim from my experience but it maybe possible to do it your self if they have no intention of doing it.

I would take photos of both content damage and the box it was posted in and damage, in case something can be done in regards to a claim.

Are you paying return Postage?, as well as replacement item postage for replacement as well (although not if you just get the refund option)?, so 2/3 postage fees?

I've never had an issue with United publications, secondly I did request using standard shipping as they where going to charge me £10.50 to use parcel force.
Also they are now going to refund the shipping but that was because I mentioned I was going to ask for some advice on the forum. Still I won't be refunded the return shipping.

From this experience I just won't be ordering high end items from there site.

Back