UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Can someone tell me if you sign up for Anime (Un)Limited how long it takes before the membership takes effect? I just signed up but didn't receive any email confirmation regarding my membership, so a bit puzzled currently as what the status of my membership is now.
Just try using ANIMEUNLIMITED in the checkout to find out if your membership is active or not, the code doesn't work if you're not an active member.

I'm still hesitating on this because I have honestly no idea if it's for me or not. I also haven't seen the other release. Is it up for streaming anywhere?

I'm still hesitating on this because I have honestly no idea if it's for me or not. I also haven't seen the other release. Is it up for streaming anywhere?
Violet Evergarden (and the two films that came afterwards) are exclusive to Netflix so if you have access to that then that will be the way to go, the dub is included also.

Been meaning to ask- with the G Reco movies starting back up in Japan, can we expect to likewise see further import sets continue for them as AL did with the first 2? Ditto for Hathaway.

Also can confirm I received the email confirmation for my membership. Seems mails are send out in batch at intervals by the AL mail server, or so I think (I’m no expert). It might explain though that some get the email immediately and others have to wait a bit. Or maybe in my case it was because a lot of folks were ordering that Violet Evergarden in Early Bird and so the mail server was busy :)

Gundam SEED is encoded with incorrect RGB levels. You should set Blu-ray player RGB level to Full when watching this BD (under normal circumstances it should be set to Limited). The SDBD discs don't have this issue.

UK / corrected US BD
U2dowtO.png

HD episode 33 has a minor picture glitch at 10:10 where the person's hand glitches out for a frame or two.

To be fair, they're only replacements in the sense the set was originally authored with the TV cuts and had to be redone with Blu-ray ones. We've never seen what AL's initial set would look like because it was pulled once the problem was flagged on the US side.

Yep. The UK release uses Rightstuf authoring. I highly doubt US disc is any different because iirc mastering and quality control finished somewhere in February (The UK discs were btw authored in early April according to dates on disc data)

Well as mentioned I saw the first episode of Violet Evergarden over the weekend and I think it's a skip.

Gorgeous artwork and animation by far but the whole "robot" girl asking "what is love" trope is ehhh. Played out and dangerously predictable to put it politely.

If I kept going I think this show would have an uphill battle to win me over. But it was good to see something new and I didn't lie when I said the artwork was amazing. That was the first thing that caught my eye.

Back