UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I think Andrew said something about being interested in rescuing persona 4 during the last Matsuri IIRC. Given that Persona 5 sold well it seems, hopefully he goes ahead with that.

Wow just completely blanked that out of my mind!
I wonder why it's taken so long for s2 if s1 sold out on preorder??
It was sold out 2-3 months after release (on Zavvi). At first was sold out on AL site. Very good release with long booklet. It is a pity that it was without JAP audio. This time it is available, which makes me very happy.

May have already been mentioned somewhere that I’ve missed but Your Name 4K has been delayed till June 21st.
You're receiving this email as you have placed an order for our Your Name 4K Collector's Edition from our store.

We're contacting you to make you aware that due to some unavoidable delays to the manufacturing of this product, the release date of this item has changed to Monday June 21st 2021.

We sincerely apologise for this, but please rest assured that we're working to get this release into your hands as soon as possible.

I love AL and think they put out some fantastic releases and I’m sure this annoys them as much as it does me....but man am I tired of seeing these emails.

Received an email stating Your Name 4K has been delayed until June 21st.
Jpu6IOw.png

As spotted by Blu-ray forum's CelestialAgent, Film Distributors' Association has listed some of AL's theatrical titles:

Tuesday 18th MayLupin the Third: The First
Thursday 17th JuneViolet Evergarden the Movie
Thursday 8th JulyJosee, the Tiger and the Fish

Not listed but were also confirmed back in Cloud Matsuri November 2020 were:
  • The Deer King (Shika no Ō: Yuna to Yakusoku no Tabi) - official Japanese theatrical date currently is 10th September 2021
  • The End of Evangelion
  • Evangelion: Death(true)2
  • Inu-Oh - official Japanese theatrical date currently in 2021
  • Love Me, Love Me Not
  • Millennium Actress
  • On-Gaku: Our Sound
  • Your Name 4K version

I love AL and think they put out some fantastic releases and I’m sure this annoys them as much as it does me....but man am I tired of seeing these emails.
On the plus side, I don't see those emails because I order their releases from UP instead.

On the downside, they haven't sent them stock of Violet Evergarden yet 😫

Got Planetes though. Great release.

Demon slayer Part 2 for Pre-order/Early Bird at £35 / £31.50 with 10% off via screen anime subsription code.
Also Part 1 is back up for £35 / £31.50 incase anyone like me decided I don't feel like spending more when the early bird was on at Christmas

Last edited:
Back