UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well there is this option as well. Though as you say it's no upscale and £30 vs £7.99 is quite the gap. Appreciate the suggestion nonetheless 👍
Yeah, I imagine the reason it is SD on BD is because of that scan-line effect, what an upscale would do to that I have no idea. Even if that wasn’t present, it’s still from the era of digitally produced SD animation, which tends to upscale horribly anyway (see: Haibane Renmei, Azumanga Daioh, which both look BETTER on DVD than they do on blu-ray).

Yeah, I imagine the reason it is SD on BD is because of that scan-line effect, what an upscale would do to that I have no idea. Even if that wasn’t present, it’s still from the era of digitally produced SD animation, which tends to upscale horribly anyway (see: Haibane Renmei, Azumanga Daioh, which both look BETTER on DVD than they do on blu-ray).

I had a real problem with NTSC Kino's Journey that All the Anime released on my Sony Bravia TV. I tend to turn off as much of the post processing as I can to get filmic and unproblematic playback of my discs. But the Sony still automatically 'corrected' the scan lines on Kino's Journey. When I played back the old NTSC-PAL ADV discs, it left the scanlines in. On an older Panasonic flat panel, with more options for user control, the AL discs played back normally.

On an older Panasonic flat panel, with more options for user control, the AL discs played back normally.
I have very strong feelings about control of technology being taken away from users, and this sounds like a prime example of that. No, no! This is surely what everybody wants, just make it do that! I don't even like cars with ECUs (and especially not those horrible alarms when you open the doors with the keys in the ignition. If I ever find myself with one of those, the first thing I'll do is find the wires that go the door sensors and cut them).

Evangelion Finally [VINYL] Update

We have received new release date information.

The items listed below will actually be dispatched sooner than we had originally expected based on the new release date:

Yoko Takahashi & Megumi Hayashibara "Evangelion Finally [VINYL]"
Previous estimated arrival date: May 14 2021
New estimated arrival date: April 30 2021

Anyone else sitting here reading everyone getting their Violet Evergarden CE talking about the stamps and your just like....Amazon please? 🥲
I'll help you to not feel so alone - I'm still waiting on my copy to get over here to the US - it shipped on the 16th, but according to Royal Mail has been sitting in Langley as "Item Leaving the UK" ever since. On the US side, USPS has shown the package as "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" for the same amount of time. It must be on an ice breaker ship coming across the frozen Arctic Sea about now. I think I prefer when I don't have a tracking available for an import from the UK, it's a lot less stressful, lol... 😓

Last edited:
One of these days, someone will actual say they had 2 stamp books.
That person won't be me, I've got 1. It's not really an issue when they are the same but it seems like everyone here is getting 1 instead of 2.

AOL finally shipped my Planetes CE, I just hope it doesn't get swallowed up in the Royal Mail hole that my Violet Evergarden CE is stitting in right now. I'm really tempted to buy another pair of them directly from AtA and pay the dang £25 shipping just in case something gets lost and the sets are sold out before I can get a replacement.

So yeah, after thinking this through a little more. I went ahead and ordered a second copy of both the Violet Evergarden CE and Planetes CE, but from AlltheAnime this time... I forgot that AtA removes the VAT for US purchases now, so it's like a permanent 20% Off sale. That deducted a little over £15 from the total cost, so that basically equates to me paying just £10 shipping split between two items, rather than £25. So £100 total including shipping to me.

This way, in case of any minor shipping damage, I can keep the best condition sets of each for myself and maybe resell the second copies, eventually- both titles would still be in fairly good demand over here in the US even if they are Region B only. And it lets my mind rest a little more easy, knowing I now have backups for two very critical releases I wanted for my collection.

Last edited:
Yes been waiting for this. £31.50 with screen anime code

Back