UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Turns out I'm also in the one book of stamps brigade. Everything else is present and correct. It's a gorgeous looking set. It looks like a lot of work has gone into the art book in particular; there's a lot of text that has all been translated.
I liked the series overall though felt some episodes were exemplary and others not so much. Therefore I wasn't really planning on forking out for a CE. But, no way could I resist that beautiful set in the end, it looks gorgeously designed, living up to the beautiful animation in the series.

I also only got one set of stamps with VE (did anyone actually get two? Every mention I've seen is people only getting one), but I can't say I'm that fussed if the two sets are identical.

Regarding Violet Evergarden, folks might want to check the discs on the label side. Each disc should have a code like ANI0369VER2_BD1 (where the "BD1" is the corresponding disc number) as if it doesn't have the "VER2" as part of the code, the disc is not the corrected one.

As it has been proven that someone hasn't received the corrected discs (they were manually swapped out) you should contact the AL shop in order for a replacement if you have the same issue.

Last edited:
Regarding Violet Evergarden, folks might to check the discs on the label side. Each disc should have a code like ANI0369VER2_BD1 (where the "BD1" is the corresponding disc number) as if it doesn't the "VER2" as part of the code, the disc is not the corrected one.

As it has been proven that someone hasn't received the corrected discs (they were manually swapped out) you should contact the AL shop in order for a replacement if you have the same issue.
Just checked mine and it was the VER2 one so I'm safe at least.

Regarding Violet Evergarden, folks might to check the discs on the label side. Each disc should have a code like ANI0369VER2_BD1 (where the "BD1" is the corresponding disc number) as if it doesn't the "VER2" as part of the code, the disc is not the corrected one.

Did you wake up this morning and decide to give me an unnecessary heart attack? o_O

Yep, I’m the one that received one of the original discs. So it’s worth double checking your discs but it would be just my luck that I’m the only one to have this happen lol

9E3F4664-1F9C-4DC9-BD97-E5C1A238F258.jpeg

I'd honestly like this to happen more with CEs. I really don't like disposable extras for this reason. Like, I'd love to put the Weathering With You sticker on my PC case, but... then it'd be used.
Tangent of this, I like when the stickers are a show reference. See Nadesico giving us Gekigangar stickers, a prop mentioned in show. Show logos and the like don't interest me quite as much.

Receive email, open to check out and get excited. Only then does SAHO realise, they thought it was a Blu-ray release. TOO BAD! It was DVD only! 😱
Sad Despacito noise」

Screenshot_2021-04-21-14-16-40-11.jpg

Last edited:
Only then does SAHO realise, they thought it was a Blu-ray release.
Might as well get the DVD honestly, I doubt the original Kino’s Journey would upscale too well, if it even has been. It’s got like, intentional scan line effects anyway.

Back