UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So, bit of a weird one, but that's the "general retail" release date I put in the blog post.

Is difficult to make an exact distinction between the two in a announcement piece like that without adding more text or confiusion, but is basically a case where retailers need more time to integrate their stock, though we're (currently) still expecting our stock to be arriving just before the 8th as planned. So our shop will still say the 8th for that reason, but elsewhere you'll start noticing the change over soon, Hope that helps.
Thanks Jeremy - I did wonder if that was the case after I posted, so thanks for clarifying / confirming. :)

It's a shame, some people said you can try heating the glue with a hair dryer first but I am not in possession of one!
That might work for glue dots stuck to o-rings or steelbooks, but I'd advise against trying it on the kinds of artboxes that AL use, since the artwork is printed on glossy paper glued to the cardboard box, and heat would risk lifting that off along with the glue dot.

I've been a bit out of the loop here, have I missed the early birds for Violet Evergarden and Gundam F91? If so what's the cheapest place to order 'em?

Just out of curiosity, for those who already received the Children Who Chase Lost Voices steelbook, did any of you order directly via the All the Anime website?

I'm still waiting for mine (ordered via said website), and the only bit of tracking I got from the Royal Mail is on Tuesday 23rd February at 8:47pm stating "Sender Despatching Item", but I've heard nothing since. I'm guessing it's the pandemic that's slowing down, so I'll wait a while longer before chasing it up.

Just out of curiosity, for those who already received the Children Who Chase Lost Voices steelbook, did any of you order directly via the All the Anime website?

I'm still waiting for mine (ordered via said website), and the only bit of tracking I got from the Royal Mail is on Tuesday 23rd February at 8:47pm stating "Sender Despatching Item", but I've heard nothing since. I'm guessing it's the pandemic that's slowing down, so I'll wait a while longer before chasing it up.
Yeah I got mine direct from AL. My dispatch email was tuesday 23rd as well

So, bit of a weird one, but that's the "general retail" release date I put in the blog post.

Is difficult to make an exact distinction between the two in a announcement piece like that without adding more text or confiusion, but is basically a case where retailers need more time to integrate their stock, though we're (currently) still expecting our stock to be arriving just before the 8th as planned. So our shop will still say the 8th for that reason, but elsewhere you'll start noticing the change over soon, Hope that helps.
You know i have been meaning to ask you regarding the AJIN Ovas, since sentai has released them as a separate br releases, are you guys also planning to do the same in the near future or their are no plans for them right now?

Which English dub does escaflowne have?
The Anime Limited release contains both the 2000 Bandai/Ocean Productions dub and the 2016 Funimation dub*. the 2000 Bandai dub is also the same dub that was used for the original western run of Escaflowne on Fox Kids (with its new intro, various cuts/edits etc).

*The directors cut is Funimation dub only, Ocean never recorded those variants.

Last edited:
Looks like the EB for F91 is next week on the 19th

Back