UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Yep similar but it more cause i often cut a letter box hole in the cellophane for the contence to come out (but does make it rather hard to leave the cellophane intact and get the info sheet out, so it just stays glue in there.)
But yeah I would think most people would prefer it with out the glue, I can only assume they keep using it as it make it easier for them to cellophane it all together.

I do rememebr someone recently on here mentioning using a hair drier to warm the glue up helps, but not got round to trying it yet (but your still gonna want to be carful removing the glue)

The US and UK BD releases of Summer Days with Coo uses the theatrical cut, which is 138 minutes. The extended cut, which was what was on the JP BD, had an additional 3 minutes added, totalling up to 141 minutes. Dunno why it was not offered to GKids or AL. Maybe reverse importation stuff again?

The US and UK BD releases of Summer Days with Coo uses the theatrical cut, which is 138 minutes. The extended cut, which was what was on the JP BD, had an additional 3 minutes added, totalling up to 141 minutes. Dunno why it was not offered to GKids or AL. Maybe reverse importation stuff again?
I like to think it's another case of GKIDS being daft. This has happened multiple times with their anime film releases.

Personally I'd rather have a barely visible glue bump on the back than a big info sheet that I'm frightened to take off, but that's just me!

It's very strange that they started using glue again. Hopefully just a one off.

It's entirely dependent on the manufacturing plant, the main one the use doesn't use them but others insist on it as it's a part of their process so they can't just not do it I believe (I saw it asked about around the time the ERASED complete set came out).

A little warning for anyone who is non UK and getting split shipments out of orders with a discount code: Do make sure to closely check your import tax billings.
I got two partial shipments from an order placed at the xmas sale with a discount code. One went via Fedex and one went via Royal Mail partnered with GLS two weeks after the fedex one.
For both I just got the import tax bills, weeks after the delivery.
Earlier last week first the one for the RM+GLS package arrived and the value declared was the value before the discount code, so it got taxed more than paid. That was just a lump sum of 0.95, so I wasn't going to bother with it.

But then I got that bill from Fedex yesterday.
AL's new warehouse geniusly added a "Commercial invoice", which lists the entire order sum before discount as the value of one single (unit=1) item on it. To be sure local customs wouldn't know any better, so they used that as a basis for their tax calculation.
This has caused about almost 60€ more that I am wrongly billed now.

Last edited:
@Luna , that’s odd what FedEx concerns, as the times I had to pay custom charges I had to pay upfront and then the papers came about a week or two later. A bit confusing as one might they still need to pay this, so are you sure you haven’t paid this already?

But maybe FedEx works differently depending on the destination country, not sure about this.

@Luna , that’s odd what FedEx concerns, as the times I had to pay custom charges I had to pay upfront and then the papers came about a week or two later. A bit confusing as one might they still need to pay this, so are you sure you haven’t paid this already?

But maybe FedEx works differently depending on the destination country, not sure about this.
The pay upfront is what I was used to before as well (and would get the billing handed along with the package). (Did not have any Fedex before, but from hearsay it worked that way. DHL and DHL Express certainly worked that way in the past.)
Since that wasn't the case I first assumed perhaps those packaged just oddly slipped through in the still chaotic situation previously. They obviously didn't. Numbers, names, dates and every other data also matches up pretty much, so it's unlikely this is a case of fraud either.
They perhaps did this through an arragement with the customs. The customs billing (with fedex as the customs-customer, not me) states a date in late March as the payment deadline. (Which you know makes their handling fee nonsense, since they call it a provision for disbursing the sum.)
This practice is a bit dubios indeed, since it takes the choice away from you if you'd like to deny the package on grounds of these fees or not. (Not that I would have done it in this case, but I did have a previous case of a seller messing up addresses so I got something completely wrong, so had refused reception.)

But that practice is still very separate from the fact that the attached commercial invoice was incorrect. Courier and local authorities may already make as many mistakes and weird things as they do (and they certainly do, I have a whole plethora of funny stories), but if the thing they base everything on is already wrong to begin with, it can only turn wrong.

Anime Limited just announced Gundam F91 on Blu-ray to be released in 2nd quarter of the year
Nice and as expected, considering that not only it's part of the Universal Century timeline but the film had been released before so the BBFC stuff is sorted.

Now the next question is what will be next, I am hoping for 0080: War in the Pocket considering it's a UC show and only a few episodes which should be an easy target for AL to release next.

It's good to see F91 back in print over here, since the last time it was released on home video was under Beez way back in 2005. I hope that this Blu-ray release will include the original 4.1 theatrical surround sound audio mix which is on the 4K BD.

I'm that weird guy who prefers F91 to CCA. Yes, it is messy, but it has some of the best action I've seen in a mecha anime movie. Iron Mask is also a pretty cool take on a Char clone. That said, there's a lot of goofy stuff too, though, it is expected with Tomino. In fact, Tomino even makes a cameo in the movie.

Now I want a shirt that says "BEAUTIFUL LIFE TOMINO"

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2020-08-11-12h43m59s047.png
    vlcsnap-2020-08-11-12h43m59s047.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back