UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Going over the NT release and I'm kind of annoyed. When rightstuf announced they were doing this release, one of the announced extras was a subtitled short where Zoltan comedically summarised UC history.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, that isn't on here. We get an NT trailer collection and the trailer for the upcoming Hathaway's Flash.

Assuming I'm not being a total idiot who is missing something, I'm really getting tired of the removed extras on Gundam releases. I can't even really find anything official that pre warned we wouldn't get this. Even the case just talks about the physical extras.
Yeah those extras are on the Rightstuf set also the book was bigger and included interviews which I dunno if ALs included

Does anyone have a list of AL Gundam releases which do not use the Nozomi discs? I'm trying to complete my Gundam collection and it would be nice to know which AL releases are sub-par.

Does anyone have a list of AL Gundam releases which do not use the Nozomi discs? I'm trying to complete my Gundam collection and it would be nice to know which AL releases are sub-par.
I own all of them (and have unboxed them on my blog as well) and so far the following are French discs:
  • Gundam: Reconguista in G (Nozomi also uses the French discs)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
  • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Movie Trilogy
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin V-VI
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
The Origin I-IV uses a MediaOCD author.

I own all of them (and have unboxed them on my blog as well) and so far the following are French discs:
  • Gundam: Reconguista in G (Nozomi also uses the French discs)
  • Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative
  • Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: Movie Trilogy
  • Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin V-VI
  • Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
The Origin I-IV uses a MediaOCD author.
Perfect. Thank you very much.

I imagine they wanted to use the same discs for the UK and France, as separate discs would have been more costly.
Just to be clear, I have no issue with the discs being authored for dual countries. My issue is that we're missing extras. A lot of interesting or fun stuff US got we don't. Instead we get trailers for the movie itself and the trailer for Hathaway. It's like it's saying "Here, watch this then save up for the next work in the canon."

One of my favourite Gundam extras is the 00 season 2 parody trailer. It's a good bit of fun at expense of both fans and the creators. As a fan for over 2 decades, it's the kind of thing I want to see more of on releases. Instead we're getting these very barren, clinical releases.

Perfect. Thank you very much.
The FR/UK Gundam Movie trilogy is fine btw. It's a much better release than the US because it has original Japanese mono. I don't recall much wrong with Zeta aside from missing original JP OP/ED like US BD.

Some Nozomi releases are also quite subpar next to Japan.
Early Nozomi releases like 0083 have bad encoding. If AL is ever going to release 08th MS Team, I hope they'll do their own authoring. Even an encode from Com'On Screen would be preferable over the Nozomi release.

was AL supposed to be doing the month ahead heads up announcements thing or have they put it on hold after doing it for a couple months?
I suspect it's on-hold because the Christmas season basically covered all of the CEs they would release for January & February. I expect the March line-up will be revealed in the first week of February.

As to what it could cover, my guesses are Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-Evolution, Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2, KonoSuba Season 2 and a couple more standard edition sets.

Back