UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Actually I've heard many times that people in academic circles agree that unless the very first year on the roman calendar started on the 0th year then technically 2021 is infact the new decade.

Indeed, the first year AD was 1 AD, and therefore the first decade was 1 AD to 10 AD...

Still, it's just annoying to say "1990 was the last year of the 80s", so it far easier to just say "The 90s was 1990 to 1999", so I see it both ways. One is more accurate, the other is more convenient.

Also: Anime Limited Discussion.

A decade is a period of 10 years with no astronomical significance, so it really can be whatever you want. Have at it. The vast majority use 0 to 9.

AL discussion...It's 2021! How about that! Happy New Year! Evangelion to come - that's exciting! Hoping for Future Boy Conan like AL France announced last week and maybe Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! though I'm unsure if that's a possibility or not

Speaking of announcements, I wonder if Anime Limited is going to announce their monthly release schedule for February or March or something. Might see some last minute surprises lol

My Zavii WWY finally turned up this morning. I wish Zavvi took as much care in packaging as AL and MVM do though, since they didn't bubble wrap it at all and just put it in the standard cardboard thingy, it does have a small dent in the outer box, which isn't the end of the world but a bit of a shame, especially for somehing I've been anticipating for so long.

Still, at least it's here now. I can't wait to re-watch it in 4K :)

Beginning to get a little concerned about my Zavvi WWY DE as it was dispatched on New Year's Eve but hasn't arrived as yet.

I wouldn't be concerned, there are holidays and a weekend in that date range. The mail system is under huge strain at the moment, I'm tracking a package with Royal Mail that has sat still for 11 days.

Is anyone still awaiting day 1 orders? I placed mine soon as went live a big order..none of it shipped yet?
I placed my main order on day 2. Nothing has shipped from that yet. Is it this bad every time they have a December sale, or is the situation just a COVID special?

I placed my main order on day 2. Nothing has shipped from that yet. Is it this bad every time they have a December sale, or is the situation just a COVID special?

Me too, although it was mixed with the Cyber City pre-order. I got a partial shipping e-mail for that yesterday, so should be getting 4 items sometime this year...

Is it this bad every time they have a December sale, or is the situation just a COVID special?
The situation as it stands is that AL's new fulfillment house has yet to implement split shippings, so any order that contains an Early Bird has yet to have the currently available items processed separately.

For the record, my day 3 order that includes the unreleased Re:Zero set hasn't seen movement yet.

Back