UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

(I already put this in another thread, but am posting here verbatim for reference too.)

Just diving in here quickly to say guys may notice some titles that were marked as out of stock now listed as "Awaiting Reprint". So you guys can still take advantage of the special offers on them, we've added that tag on to products and added note in the listing itself where needed to explain that.

TL;DR if an order has multiple items and one of them is an "Awaiting Reprint" item, it's quite possible your entire order won't ship until the item is actually in stock again. (While we're hoping it will be before this - or in some cases, logistics depending, there will be a split shipment of an order - it could mean your entire order won't ship until after Christmas.)

Hope that helps.

(I already put this in another thread, but am posting here verbatim for reference too.)

Just diving in here quickly to say guys may notice some titles that were marked as out of stock now listed as "Awaiting Reprint". So you guys can still take advantage of the special offers on them, we've added that tag on to products and added note in the listing itself where needed to explain that.

TL;DR if an order has multiple items and one of them is an "Awaiting Reprint" item, it's quite possible your entire order won't ship until the item is actually in stock again. (While we're hoping it will be before this - or in some cases, logistics depending, there will be a split shipment of an order - it could mean your entire order won't ship until after Christmas.)

Hope that helps.
That's a neat addition, any chance you might be able to add it to the filtering with In Stock, Sold Out etc?

It won't, Johnson has different orders from his backers, that will not be happening.
If he did not want to, he would not be talking to the EU every two days. He wants to sign it, but at the same time he wants the EU to allow some UK matters (tern fishing related etc.). There is a conflict here. Anyway, anything is still possible. It will not be the same, but UK / EU does not want customs etc. at the borders. This will result in changes to trade routes / delays etc.
Recently, I even read that most entrepreneurs or officials are not prepared for this change.

If he did not want to, he would not be talking to the EU every two days. He wants to sign it, but at the same time he wants the EU to allow some UK matters (tern fishing related etc.). There is a conflict here. Anyway, anything is still possible. It will not be the same, but UK / EU does not want customs etc. at the borders. This will result in changes to trade routes / delays etc.
Recently, I even read that most entrepreneurs or officials are not prepared for this change.
you think he'd be doing this 4 years after the referendum and after last years election to just join the EEA, his backers have bet huge on no deal, he intends to deliver, he is only worried about him, not the country, not his party, him, he is in line to make bank and he'll probably resign early next year, the bloke is a proven liar.

you think he'd be doing this 4 years after the referendum and after last years election to just join the EEA, his backers have bet huge on no deal, he intends to deliver, he is only worried about him, not the country, not his party, him, he is in line to make bank and he'll probably resign early next year, the bloke is a proven liar.
He would have walked away by now from negotiations if that was true

EU = / = EEA. This is not the same. There are countries that are in the EEA but not in the EU. In my opinion, he wants to win as much as possible. The EEA is fine for him, but only if the EU is not interfering with the rest of UK trade. Currently, the EU does not agree to this - it wants to limit the UK, because it considers it to be an unequal chance on the European market. If both sides do not make concessions, there will be customs officers, etc.

He would have walked away by now from negotiations if that was true
and if he had have done that, he couldn't then blame the EU for no deal, If he was to walk away, all the bad that is coming would be on him, at least if he looks like he wants a "deal" the press can spin it to look like it was the EU, who were to blame.
It's well known that hedge funds have bet big for no deal, it's also known that Johnson is backed by the same hedge funds, please put 2 and 2 together.
If there was to be a "deal" now it wouldn't be EEA or a customs union deal, we have already left, we did that in January, the only reason it's still the same is the transition period Johnson didn't want, also consider the Withdrawal agreement which was torn apart by the Tories,
I'm not going through all the reasons no deal will be the result of this, there's just too much to put here.

and if he had have done that, he couldn't then blame the EU for no deal, If he was to walk away, all the bad that is coming would be on him, at least if he looks like he wants a "deal" the press can spin it to look like it was the EU, who were to blame.
It's well known that hedge funds have bet big for no deal, it's also known that Johnson is backed by the same hedge funds, please put 2 and 2 together.
If there was to be a "deal" now it wouldn't be EEA or a customs union deal, we have already left, we did that in January, the only reason it's still the same is the transition period Johnson didn't want, also consider the Withdrawal agreement which was torn apart by the Tories,
I'm not going through all the reasons no deal will be the result of this, there's just too much to put here.
Sorry but this is a load of bollocks conspiracy theory stuff. Also this should probably go to the pollictical discussions thread now.

EU = / = EEA. This is not the same. There are countries that are in the EEA but not in the EU. In my opinion, he wants to win as much as possible. The EEA is fine for him, but only if the EU is not interfering with the rest of UK trade. Currently, the EU does not agree to this - it wants to limit the UK, because it considers it to be an unequal chance on the European market. If both sides do not make concessions, there will be customs officers, etc.
If that was the case, the "Norway" deal would have been all over the media, it isn't because that isn't what will happen, I know full well what the EEA is and Johnson wants no part of it, it may be the sensible solution and the softest of soft Brexits but have you ever heard him say anything about soft Brexits, he wants a hard or no deal, if he wanted a soft, he would have campaigned for one last year, he didn't, just kept going on about "oven ready deal" which he didn't have.

Well, I don't know UK policy so well to be sure. You may be right. I am not going to say that I am right here. I tried to judge it coolly / calculate it. Anyway, I'm curious to see what it will really be like.
I hope that UK stores will develop some shopping facilitation procedures to speed up the processes. Just like amazon.co.jp or amazon.com does.

Well, I don't know UK policy so well to be sure. You may be right. I am not going to say that I am right here. I tried to judge it coolly / calculate it. Anyway, I'm curious to see what it will really be like.
I hope that UK stores will develop some shopping facilitation procedures to speed up the processes. Just like amazon.co.jp or amazon.com does.
Received an email about this earlier. It will operate the same as ordering from the US and Japanese sites.

As you have placed an order on Amazon.co.uk and selected an EU delivery address in the past, we wanted to let you know that from 1 January 2021, when the Brexit transition period ends, you’ll see some changes when you shop on Amazon.co.uk and select an EU delivery address. These changes could include:

• VAT (or the regional equivalent, if applicable, Amazon.co.uk Help: VAT Rates) being due in the country of delivery, or your package may be subject to customs duties, taxes and fees (“Import Fees”)
  • the collection of VAT, or an estimation of Import Fees (“Import Fee Deposit” Amazon.co.uk Help: About Import Fees Deposit), which may result in a price change at checkout.

If it's any consolation, the soft version was what I preferred (I voted remain) since leave won,
It will be planned for by the companies themselves as a fall back but it won't be seamless, expect a few bumps as the country adapts to having more red tape to export/import.

Thirded (that's not a word...) I also get my two Turn A sets a couple of days ago and have yet to receive a dispatch notice. If it weren't for @HellCat 's post they would've been buried with the two Amazon parcels of family gifts that arrived on the same day and I'd be completely unaware of having them until I got to wrapping...

That's not me complaining, for the record! Happy to have them before Christmas!
a8Wkil3.gif

Back