UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Ah I love how, in that statement, Nozomi apologises on the behalf of Sunrise when it's quite likely Sunrise's fault for not telling them about the changes. Amazing! This must be some absolute garbage to deal with.
Oh great, now it ships after the Brexit transition period ends so I probably have to pay customs clearance fees + VAT and I also don't get the HD broadcast version as an extra. sigh
yes though for both AL customers and Right Stuf customers there is a question on whether these companies with continue to either sell outside of the UK for the former or to the UK for the latter (might not be the same problem for returns but could be a complication).

Last edited:
Oh great, now it ships after the Brexit transition period ends so I probably have to pay customs clearance fees + VAT and I also don't get the HD broadcast version as an extra. sigh
Who knows what it will be like in January, the UK is still debating with the European Union which means there is no final decision. What does this mean for us? There are no prepared documents / import management system, trained people, etc. In my opinion, it will be the same for some time to come, unless they completely block transport between this country, which I sincerely doubt.

I do find it weird they chose not to release it when Sunrise is allowing the invalid discs to stay around (not forcing destruction like some replacements require) and AL must have made the discs by now my tinfoil hat is it was always gonna be delayed as it’s 3 weeks Away and they haven’t even showed the book.

Hey guys, constructive criticism is fine but snarking for the sake of snarking isn't a good look. I'm sure that the companies involved are even madder than you are since they're the ones losing out the most (they're just not allowed to say that).

Personally I'm happy with this resolution since the home video masters are miles better and I already watched SEED years ago on DVD. Superfans who want every version will have to import, but since we were never supposed to have that version anyway I can't get mad about a delay during a year which has seen everything else delays for a multitude of reasons anyway. A delay is less hassle (and wasted money/materials) than an exchange, though I appreciate that the Brexit uncertainty makes it more worrying for those outside the country (as a frequent importer I can relate from the other side).

R

Am I disappointed? Well yeah, that was a lot of money to put down for something I now won't get until next year, BUT I would be more disappointed if I got the release, the picture quality was poor and then I had to order some replacement discs that would probably just be floating around in envelopes.

I'll wait, it's not like I haven't already got a backlog of AL Gundam releases to catch up on, whether they release Turn-A or not!

I am happy to get the correct version. It's a pity it's not on time, but I live with that. I was glad for a while that we would have 3 versions instead of two, but that's tough. One thing only makes me wonder if we will soon see what the UK version will look like, because personally I am waiting very much.

I still can laugh at Seed destiny getting a UE and 00 not. Because that is what burnt the last Gundam bridge AL had with me.

UE, you' mean Ultimate Edition? You can complete the box in three parts, so it's almost UE xD

They did promise a UE originally and then changed the plan I didn’t get the US set ASAP like I did for G, Wing and now Seed due to that and am a little irked as a UE would have a big book like seed will.

They did promise a UE originally and then changed the plan I didn’t get the US set ASAP like I did for G, Wing and now Seed due to that and am a little irked as a UE would have a big book like seed will.

I understand. Although for me, to call something "UE" does not mean appearing immediately a large artbook (that it will already be).

Note: Ignore my statement if they mentioned that there will be a large artbook, and they gave up on the idea :)D).

For example, with Seed, I don't expect it at all. I mean, I expect a brochure (even thicker than usual), but I don't expect a large format. Actually, I would prefer a miniature of the US one to fit in the box (laughs).

That's why I didn't wait for the UK Utena edition and bought the USA version.

Yeah Utena was a stroke of luck as they improved on the US set yet incorporated things like the book (to the highest set) as I wasn’t a fan when Nozomi released it by the time I watched it that was OOP.

On the topic of disappointments, I'm saddened that the Anime Limited 4K Ultra HD Collector's Edition package of Satoshi Kon's Millennium Actress doesn't include Susumu Hirasawa's soundtrack on physical format.

I'm also disappointed March comes in like a Lion Season 2 hasn't been acquired yet.

OrzNGvA.gif

Back