UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Weathering With You 4K seems to have been delayed according to Zavvi. Which means Manga are now tied for first place releasing a 4K anime blu-ray in the UK. That was nice of AL. 159A56EF-9C41-46B7-9719-03B379958704.png

Got an email from AL to say the delay to Weathering With You is down to a printing error and affects all retailers of the collectors editions.

Taken a look at the new site, it does seem easier to navigate between certain sections. Selecting either title or catalog was always a pain to bring you to the right display, but the rest was generally fine, but the method of jumping between areas of the site was something that I'm glad to see was improved upon.

Presume we will be getting a new Newswire over the weekend or on Monday with December's full schedule?
Yeah there's going to be news that will make our wallets suffer in the next 7 days. I expect the Early Bird schedule for November to be revealed as well as the remainder of the December 2020 titles.

I think a recap table is in order:
DateEarly Bird PriceAnime
6th November?????? December title (tentative guess)
13th November£24.99 [SA: £22.50]
£34.99 [SA: £31.50]
Mobile Suit Gundam NT
Turn-A Gundam Part 2 (for those who missed it previously)
20th November?????? December title (tentative guess)
27th November?????? December title (tentative guess)
Christmas Sale Season???12 Days of your wallets experiencing Dante's Inferno all over again
DateAnimeRelease Format Type
7th DecemberMobile Suit Gundam SEED HD REMASTERUltimate Edition Blu-ray
(+ Standard Definition Blu-ray for original series & compilation films)
14th DecemberDemon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 1Collector's Edition Blu-ray
14th DecemberThe Promised Neverland Season 1Collector's Edition Blu-ray
21st DecemberTurn-A Gundam Part 2Collector's Edition Blu-ray
#AnimeFormatNotes
1​
5 Centimeters per SecondFilmDecember 2020 (Confirmed)
2​
Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi-EvolutionFilm
3​
Blood-C
Blood-C: The Last Dark
TV Series
Film
4​
Cardcaptor SakuraTV Series
5​
Cardcaptor Sakura the Movie: The Sealed CardFilm
6​
Children of the SeaFilm
7​
Children Who Chase Lost VoicesFilmJanuary 2021 (Confirmed)
8​
Comet LuciferTV SeriesNo CE planned
9​
Cyber City Oedo 808OVA Series
10​
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Part 2TV Series2021
11​
Eureka: Eureka Seven Hi-EvolutionFilm
12​
Full Metal Panic! Invisible VictoryTV Series
13​
Gakuen Basara: Samurai High School!TV SeriesNo CE planned
14​
High School FleetTV Series
15​
Inu-OhFilm
16​
InuYasha Season 1TV Series
17​
K Season 1TV Series
18​
K: Seven StoriesTV Series
19​
Kakegurui: Compulsive GamblerTV Series
20​
Konosuba - God's Blessing in this Wonderful World! Season 2TV Series
21​
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol ClubTV Series
22​
Lupin the Third Part 5TV Series
23​
Millennium ActressFilm
24​
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Evangelion: Death(true)2
The End of Evangelion
TV Series
2 Films
2021 (Confirmed)
25​
PERSONA5 The AnimationTV Series
26​
PlanetesTV Series
27​
Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memory DollFilm2021 (Confirmed)
28​
We Rent TsukumogamiTV Series

i wonder what the odds of AL being able to cancel my turn-A and Code Geass EB pre-orders before they probably ship next week is, they're cheaper on AOL at the minute with the 20% discount code

i wonder what the odds of AL being able to cancel my turn-A and Code Geass EB pre-orders before they probably ship next week is, they're cheaper on AOL at the minute with the 20% discount code
I was able to cancel SEED EB this morning (still haven't received the paypal refund though).

I wonder how quickly TPN will sell out? It looks to be a nice release so may well pick it up whilst the EB is ongoing.

Edit: Pre-ordered, looking forward to browsing that art book.

Last edited:
They've said that they try to use digipacks when possible. Just so happened that they weren't able to use them for a lot of recent releases

Didn't know that, thanks! I just saw so many amarays I just assumed they were done with those. Happy to learn I was wrong!

Speaking of, how do you guys find AL releases on Amazon? I've seen people listing them here and then when looking for them myself I can't find them. Shipping to EU is way too expensive on ALs store so EB end up not being worth it but I would still like to pre-order a copy.

Didn't know that, thanks! I just saw so many amarays I just assumed they were done with those. Happy to learn I was wrong!

Speaking of, how do you guys find AL releases on Amazon? I've seen people listing them here and then when looking for them myself I can't find them. Shipping to EU is way too expensive on ALs store so EB end up not being worth it but I would still like to pre-order a copy.
When brand new listings occur, sometimes those who don't live in the UK (for Amazon UK listings) won't be able to see them at first. It can take a while before it becomes available. It's the same with Amazon US - so when new listings for Funimation appear, we can't view or order immediately unless we had a US address.

Partly true. Especially for Amazon UK it sometimes happens that all preorders cannot be seen in search / listings without an UK address registered in account or at least an UK IP. This includes preorders that are already listed for several weeks and is not limited to new entries.

Back