UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Unless I’m mistaken isn’t this the first instance of a UK Blu Ray release being SD-BD?
Would be interesting if AL consider bringing over other titles that are SD-BD (if it’s financially viable that is, I’m aware that some have a lot episodes like Fist of the North Star.)

Mentioned it in the blog post.

So it is, my bad - disregard my post. Still, it’s interesting to see SD-BDs finally make an appearance in the UK anime market - even if it’s only in an UE for now.

Getting ahead of the importers and announcing it's coming sooner or later.

Announcing they'll be a pretty pricey Ultimate Edition with a few weeks notice.

10 points to gryffindor fellas!

My hat's off to you. Good work guys.

(Totally unrelated but anybody wanna buy the original 10 disc Bandai DVD in the Artbox?) 😂
I remember when they announced 00 UCE and stopped me importing that ended up with nothing to show.

Looking forward to inspecting all the changes in the HD Remaster. The inclusion of the SDBD makes me happy.

I'm one of the probably few Dutch people who bought all the Beez Gundam SEED DVD volumes that were translated to Dutch and distributed by Nekotachi Entertainment. Even have the Justice Gundam t-shirt they gave away with orders (sadly discolored now).

Last edited:
I remember when they announced 00 UCE and stopped me importing that ended up with nothing to show.
I think this is a different situation entirely. When that was announced it was a lot of 'this is what we hope to do' and 'this is what we want to do' whereas this is very much 'this is what's happening and it's happening on this date'.

I do agree but I also have zero faith in their gundam ability because of that and Zeta but if its a set with a coffee A4 book I will get it otherwise I will still import as I do like the Athrun and Kira boxes that are used in the US Set

I'll admit, I saw £199.99 and thought "It's a shame to miss out on the original series, but I guess I'll wait till next year", then saw the early bird is £119.99 and thought "Actually, that's not so bad. I'll probably plonk down the money at that price". I guess I now know a rough price at which I'm willing to buy a collectors set (of something I really enjoy and have been having fun collecting).

That's a lot of Gundam out this year, overall! I mean, a lot of what's left will have to be graded and therefore be more expensive for them to release, but at least it sounds like there's a growing audience to make it worth it. Maybe I'll end up regretting importing Victory Gundam after all... Well, after watching it I already regret it, but you know what I mean :p

I'll admit, I saw £199.99 and thought "It's a shame to miss out on the original series, but I guess I'll wait till next year", then saw the early bird is £119.99 and thought "Actually, that's not so bad. I'll probably plonk down the money at that price". I guess I now know a rough price at which I'm willing to buy a collectors set (of something I really enjoy and have been having fun collecting).

That's a lot of Gundam out this year, overall! I mean, a lot of what's left will have to be graded and therefore be more expensive for them to release, but at least it sounds like there's a growing audience to make it worth it. Maybe I'll end up regretting importing Victory Gundam after all... Well, after watching it I already regret it, but you know what I mean :p
I like to weigh up my anime purchases on a 'pound per episode' basis. So £120 for 98 eps and 3 films is very reasonable in my opinion 🤷‍♂️

I do assume Victory will be last as there actually good Sub only Gundams not released like After War and the meme at this point Turn A

Of the Sub only series left I expect Victory will be the first to be released. Being a UC show (even if it might as well be AU) gives it a major selling point over X and Age and I'm not really expecting an MS IGLOO release. As for Turn-A, I'd like it to come soon but I don't really have much hope.

Last edited:
I mean I haven’t watched Destiny yet but V is the worst Gundam I’ve seen it’s so bad it’s funny. Yes I might be importing the JP set but V is bad like I enjoy it because it’s bad. The ending is awful it’s so cruel it’s weird. I love UC but it’s so also detached it’s weird and no wonder G came next to try to change the entire franchise which worked.
Also I would hope 08th, 0080 And F91 would come first.

I mean I haven’t watched Destiny yet but V is the worst Gundam I’ve seen it’s so bad it’s funny. Yes I might be importing the JP set but V is bad like I enjoy it because it’s bad. The ending is awful it’s so cruel it’s weird. I love UC but it’s so also detached it’s weird and no wonder G came next to try to change the entire franchise which worked.

I recall enjoying Victory when I saw it, but that was almost a decade ago at this point so my memory of it is fuzzy. I do recall it been pretty weird.

Interesting announcement. How does SEED rank in comparison to other Gundam series in terms of quality?

I wonder if this indicates that including the original broadcast versions (released as Archives of Evangelion in Japan) of NGE in an Ultimate Edition is a possibility.

Seed is basically a remake of 0079 but pretty competent. It’s sequel is where it apparently goes off the rails.
And it’s fun for me because it has an really really annoying female character who I enjoy the end of her arc. It’s not good but it’s not bad either is how id rate it,

Interesting announcement. How does SEED rank in comparison to other Gundam series in terms of quality?

I wonder if this indicates that including the original broadcast versions (released as Archives of Evangelion in Japan) of NGE in an Ultimate Edition is a possibility.
The biggest problem SEED has is a lot of clip shows and flashbacks, plus the director and script writer (who were married) playing favourites with the cast.

Destiny is where the Cosmic Era crashes into the Umbrella of Artemis at full speed. SEED, however, is salvageable.

It's a fair point that it's a chunky price for any title either way! Also worth highlighting that both like-for-like and cost-for-cost you won't find Gundam Seed any cheaper in HD in the UK on launch. Right now the US pre-order price is $224.99 (£172.59 at today's rate), then shipping to the UK makes it $262.50 / £201.36. That's not including any customs charges you could get hit with too.

You're not only getting the same discs and extras (coded to Region B) for £81.37 less at the same time as the USA (before any customs), you'll be getting collector's packaging in line with the other UK editions and an artbook as well (which will be the same dimensions as the box for us not an A4 - which I am not sure the US one isn't too based on packshots).

Folks mileage may vary but at that kind of price difference, if it's a Blu-Ray sized book there too then you'll need to weigh up how much that is worth to you :)!

Best,

AP

Back