UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I mean, sure we Brits and EU folk import US releases, but theirs is 5x the print run than the UK was. Monster Musume for instance had over 5000 units and I reckon only a very small fraction were imports from the UK.
When you lump Brits & EU together I think the number may be greater than you think. Maybe not for Monster Musume but think of the % of the Fate/Zero US sets that made their way to the UK and EU.

My point is I'm not against importing, and to be honest I don't think any of us can judge those who do.

I do believe that company owned sites (anime limited shop) should set limitations eg. 1 set per international address 2 per UK address (top of my head).

But when it comes to shop websites (zavvi) end of the day they're in it to make money. If someone from Canada wants to buy 36 copies of the zavvi exclusive Testament of Sister New Devil collection they're not gonna stop them. I don't morally agree but I'm not going to say they shouldn't be allowed to make that sale.

I agree on the stance that it is unfair for those who wanted to order it but could not due to resellers - heck we have one already who ordered 5 copies.

Yeah resellers piss me off too. I'm not against exports for people who want to get a copy but I agree that everyone should be limited to like 2 at most if it's a limited item. I'm still surprised AL took a Zavvi deal on one of their big releases.

On a different note entirely. I see 009 re:cyborg is Al's deal of the week.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THE PRINT RUN ON THIS THING?!

I've had no less than 3 copies in its life time and sold all 3 (its crap imo) how do they still have it in stock? Pretty sure it's been in 2 mystery boxes over the years.

On a different note entirely. I see 009 re:cyborg is Al's deal of the week.

WHAT THE HELL WAS THE PRINT RUN ON THIS THING?!

I've had no less than 3 copies in its life time and sold all 3 (its crap imo) how do they still have it in stock? Pretty sure it's been in 2 mystery boxes over the years.

Haha yeah I got a copy from a mystery box and was put off by the synopsis. The only mystery box items I didn't want to waste my time on.

009 Re:Cyborg is so bad it's really a comedy imo. I'm generally hesitant to use words such as "pretentious", but in this case it's really the only thing applicable. You don't see such a mass of pseudo-intellectual drivel every day.

eh, I liked 009 Re:Cyborg enough that I imported both the UK CE and the JP 3D Box set.

Well, to be fair it does have some scenes which are nicely done. Especially the the drone/airplane jumping and Dubai running scene for example. The problem for me is that it tries so hard to be smart and "intellectual" without succeeding. Had it just been a action film - preferably with Skull as antagonist - then I'd like it much more. Now it just felt campy and over dramatic to me, like that scene at the end when 009 screams stuff to God on top of a missile in space.

Guess I'll have to standby and entertain myself until then...
xjwPVmP.gif

So speculating on how AL's Unicorn release is going to look.

It will probably be the 7 OVA's but will they do 7 single releases as CE's? Will they try and put in as many OVA's into fewer releases as they can get away with like they did with Origins? Will they do a UE with everything in a box?

It will probably be the 7 OVA's but will they do 7 single releases as CE's? Will they try and put in as many OVA's into fewer releases as they can get away with like they did with Origins? Will they do a UE with everything in a box?
It will be the same as 4 disc Nozomi set, just in AL CE packaging.

Not sure if I'll get this release as I have the 7 international/Japanese volumes.

Though saying that I still bought ALs Wing release despite having the Nozomi UE...

Like Sniper said, it's a single case housing 4 Blu-ray discs covering all 7 OVA episodes.

GUC-SLIPCASE-BD_3D-temp-440_1024x1024.png

Back