UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Hanners confirmed on Discord that there wasn't enough material to sort out a box to house both parts, but other than that I am very happy to see they managed to rescue the OVA version at least.

Hanners confirmed on Discord that there wasn't enough material to sort out a box to house both parts, but other than that I am very happy to see they managed to rescue the OVA version at least.
A pity, would have liked a storage box. Can understand them not wanting to repeat artwork on the storage box though.

I know its confirmed we're getting Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection but i wonder if we will get Akito the Exiled eventually too? Is there any reason why that hasn't been released over here yet?

I know its confirmed we're getting Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection but i wonder if we will get Akito the Exiled eventually too? Is there any reason why that hasn't been released over here yet?
The Code Geass franchise was licensed by KAZE UK but thankfully those rights have since expired. The main Code Geass series was rescued by Manga Entertainment while Akito the Exiled is still unknown. I am hoping for Manga to rescue Akito and release it within the next few quarters. The films can stick to Anime Limited since they are technically a different continuity.

As for Terra Formars, that one isn't clear at the moment. I think the window has been passed for that unless a third season gets announced.

I really enjoyed Akito the Exiled and was pissed when it wasn't going to be released so I really hope we hope get it at eventually.

I'd be down for Terra Formars as well, well at least the first season anyway.....season 2 can be lost in void.

Last edited:
As far as I am aware, Kazé's rights for Akito and Terra Formars have not yet expired.
(The Situation with Code Geass TV was different)
Pretty sure Warner Bros pulled the Terraformars licence from Kaze.

Not sure if Akito has transferred to Crunchyroll Europe or not, as Kaze are now known as.

Warner Media (= Warner Bros) is the current owner of Kaze (via Crunchyroll)
All rights, except those that already expired (usually 5-10 years after negotiation) and some print manga licenses have been transfared from VIZ Europe to Crunchyroll.

I can't speak for other labels releases but the masters for B The Beginning distributed by Shout! will be the same as what we created in the UK for the series. The video materials were received after broadcast and homevideo release in Japan so we're using the final international version. We also have the original pilot film, clean op/ed and an interview with the Director recorded during his visit to Scotland on the discs too.
From Andrew on ANN
So B will have on disc extras yay learning from Ballroom

Back