UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'm not sure 100% the order that is though because some are set in different/alternate timelines

Well shows are split between UC (main timeline) and AU (alternate universes) as you say. A quick break down limiting this post to only AL's releases would look like this.

---UC---
Gundam Origins
Original series/movie trilogy
Gundam Thunderbolt
Gundam 0083
Gundam Zeta
Gundam ZZ
Chars Counter Attack
Reqonguista in G

---AU---
Literally everything else released so far.

If we all took pics of our Gundam collections we'd probably all have them in a different order, just order them however you want.

Mines like this
IMG_20200602_012528.jpg

I just have the UC in chronological order, except Thunderbolt because it looks odd mixed in with the white spines, so I put that at the end of UC. I then have my AU sets in broadcast order. I was quite happy with this order until AL decided give IBO a white spine which I'll have to place after CCA, so now everything's completely ruined!

If we all took pics of our Gundam collections we'd probably all have them in a different order, just order them however you want.

Mines like this

I just have the UC in chronological order, except Thunderbolt because it looks odd mixed in with the white spines, so I put that at the end of UC. I then have my AU sets in broadcast order. I was quite happy with this order until AL decided give IBO a white spine which I'll have to place after CCA, so now everything's completely ruined!
i wonder why they didn't do a box box for the Origin series, i guess it was a bit too far apart unlike Gundam Wing and the Code Geass movie trilogy

Rough photo of my setup
ETA4awT.jpg

I basically have the UC, followed by Reco, G, W, X, Turn A, CE, 00, AGE and SD (OVA/movies boxset, SDGF and Brave Battle Warriors).

For space reasons my Gundams are now on their sides but here's my collection. The amarays are original series and movie trilogy. The only thing not seen is 00 which is in the watch pile.

15910826096198870056710285985111.jpg

Delighted to see Evangelion get licensed. Given how much I love the seires, depending on the specifics of the release this may be the first time I go for an Ultimate Edition.

I see people have already brought up their hopes that the original ADV dub and Fly Me to the Moon are included. I'd also add that I hope the original broadcast versions of episodes 21-24 are included along with the Directors Cut versions.

Delighted to see Evangelion get licensed. Given how much I love the seires, depending on the specifics of the release this may be the first time I go for an Ultimate Edition.

I see people have already brought up their hopes that the original ADV dub and Fly Me to the Moon are included. I'd also add that I hope the original broadcast versions of episodes 21-24 are included along with the Directors Cut versions.
I don't think the broadcast versions were included in the Japanese bluray. There were two different versions of the Renewal boxsets, the blurays have the restored home video versions and the dvds have the original broadcast versions.

Yeah the original versions don’t exist in HD I think and after what’s changed I don’t know why anyone would choose those versions over the renewal versions

I believe the Japanese Blu-ray box contains both the broadcast and Director's Cut versions of 21-24 (I think it's the DVD set which only includes the OA cut), as well as some other stuff such as the theatrical version of Death, but correct me if I'm wrong. In any case, between the Blu-ray and the Archives of Evangelion set there is a plethora of VAM which could (and arguably should) be at least partially included in an "Ultimate Edition".

I believe the Japanese Blu-ray box contains both the broadcast and Director's Cut versions of 21-24
Indeed so, it seems.

Yeah the original versions don’t exist in HD I think and after what’s changed I don’t know why anyone would choose those versions over the renewal versions
I'd like to have them because, for me, the original versions of episodes 21 to 24 lead on to TV episodes 25 and 26, whereas the Director's Cut versions lead to The End of Evangelion instead. The DC 21 to 24 doesn't mesh quite as well with episodes 25 and 26, in my view.

Also it'd be nice to have them for completion's sake.

some other stuff such as the theatrical version of Death
Totally so. And, I mean, if you wanted to go to town with things, there's the original on-air and subsequent Renewal versions of all episodes, as well as the interim Director's Cut versions of episodes 21 to 24. Then there's three edits of Death [Death, Death(true) and Death(true)²]. Then you've got Rebirth, which differs from the equivalent part of EoE, and also there are two versions of EoE: the theatrical version and the lesser-known "video version".

I certainly wouldn't expect to have anywhere near all that included. 😅

EDIT: Plus, the "original" versions of episodes 21 to 24 included on the Renewal/Platinum Edition releases are apparently not the original versions at all, but are instead yet another edit based off of the DC versions. Crikey.

Last edited:
The announcement graphic specifies Death(true)², so I doubt Death and Death(true) will be included. Ideally, one of/the 'ultimate' aspect of the UE would be the inclusion of all the episodes in their original broadcast versions for the sake of posterity. But I suspect it would probably be too much of an expense for the number of people who would care, if AL would even be allowed to integrate Archives of Evangelion into their set.

Back