UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Beez released it here, have their Anime Classics set.

It has not been released in the US on bd yet, I would assume either Sentai or Funimation have it from one of their Sunrise packages
As I pointed out on Twitter, Planetes was not part of any of the Sunrise package deals back in 2013. It was strangely omitted.

Beez released it here, have their Anime Classics set.

It has not been released in the US on bd yet, I would assume either Sentai or Funimation have it from one of their Sunrise packages
Won't be Sentai as some of their sunrise titles are being released by Discotek, there are theories that they sat on them too long and have been reissued to other companies. it is just a theory, no real evidence yet.

Got some chat about the BBFC and how, despite the cost, does have value as more young anime fans dependant on parents paying for content physical and streaming.

Andrew talking about how pretty much all anime now has to be bid on pre-production with little to no actual content to judge it from is interesting.
Very. I expect something that's anime original would be the most risky. You would have to check who the writter/director were and which studio is making it.
An original is more likely to have an ending though, although even that isn't a guarantee after what happened to Stars Align!

Another thought on that point raised about licensing so early. I guess that's why so many terrible Isekai get released. Isekai = popular right?

Last edited:
Another thought on that point raised about licensing do early. I guess that's why so many terrible Isekai get released. Isekai = popular right?
I think so. The example they used was how after Your Name every new movie was described as the new Your Name to them and it was really hard to work out which ones would actually be worth acquiring.

Back