UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

As mentioned on the stream now, the Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken! panel will be repeated tomorrow night at 10pm, given the issues with tonight's stream.

What like making jokes behind the scenes I assume?
The example I read was that Funimation's initial dub changed a line of Asuka's about Shinji from the original Japanese "He's not an idiot: he's a brat" to "He's not an idiot: he's an asshole."

Khara were apparently also very particular about how they wanted the name Eva Unit-02 kai to be translated.

Last edited:
Interested in Planetes and curious about Eva.
I'm sure Anime Limited will make every effort to acquire the old dub, but with Studio Khara's iron grip on the series, I'm doubtful whether they will be successful. However, since this isn't a large market, they might not care as much so there might be more leeway. It wouldn't be an ultimate edition without both dubs. I'm guessing a standard edition will come along later with separate releases for the series and the movies.

Hope Anime Limited give us Beastars and BNA someday.

Last edited:
I highly doubt Khara had Netflix make a new dub for it not to be the thing used on home video.

Khara is extremely protective of Eva, and even has their own inhouse dude to give subtitles/translations.

Yeah, I think this Eva release will basically be the Netflix version packaged on Blu-ray and I highly doubt they use anything else than the new dub / sub.

Given that planetes was the only one which didn't get a collectors edition confirmation in the announcement, would I be right in assuming that its likely to be just a standard? It seems that this is the release people were most hyped for other than Evangelion and Demon slayer.

Who ever is watching today, please post any info or juicy gossip! The one panel I was interested in clashes with work (AL X Manga) and as the video doesn't go up after I'll miss it completely!

From my perspective. I'm interested in Planetes (used to have that on R1 DVD before the Beez Anime Legends release from 10+ years ago), and Evangelion, naturally. However, if the original ADV dub is not included with NGE, than no sale I'm afraid.

Given that planetes was the only one which didn't get a collectors edition confirmation in the announcement, would I be right in assuming that its likely to be just a standard? It seems that this is the release people were most hyped for other than Evangelion and Demon slayer.
The reason people are hyped about Planetes
it's the first English speaking BD release (pretty sure the US don't have it yet)
even I can't remember if Beez released this one, if they didn't it's a UK first ( I bought the US Bandai release)

The reason people are hyped about Planetes
it's the first English speaking BD release (pretty sure the US don't have it yet)
even I can't remember if Beez released this one, if they didn't it's a UK first ( I bought the US Bandai release)
Beez released it here, have their Anime Classics set.

It has not been released in the US on bd yet, I would assume either Sentai or Funimation have it from one of their Sunrise packages

Back