UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Also, it's pretty cool to see Planetes being announced, not to mention updated news of Violet Evergarden and Bartender. Demon Slayer will also be a popular acquisition. Hats of AL, this has probably been their strongest license announcement panel in 3-4 years.
I wasn't here for the panel so what was the update regarding Violet Evergarden?

BTW Was just watching the interview Eunyoung Choi which was quite interesting and someone in the live chat asked if the stream would go up later and the Admin said no!
So if your not watching your missing out! Noticed there was only 200 people watching!

BTW Was just watching the interview Eunyoung Choi which was quite interesting and someone in the live chat asked if the stream would go up later and the Admin said no!
So if your not watching your missing out! Noticed there was only 200 people watching!
Yeah that was probably the best panel of the day

Yeah that was probably the best panel of the day
Yep. She'll be back for the Eizouken panel at 9.
It was the first one I watched, because streams normally go up either straight away or a little later, depending on the length, so I thought I'd catch up later, but I guess not.

It's... so obvious that this Crunchyroll panel was made with an American audience in mind. It's too... peppy.

Aniplex is under a different umbrella of Sony, Music as opposed to Pictures Television, so licencing is potentially being handled differently.

Tbh though AL probably got the license for this before the current distribution situation between Funimation/Manga and Aniplex began.
There has been some crossover between Aniplex USA and Funimation in North America though, like the Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming Girl streaming and their Demon Slayer home ent plans (AoA having the LEs, Funi having Standards). So there is some merging of the businesses going on. Just a case of figuring out where that stops though. I'm glad if it means other distributors can license AoA stuff though.

You weren't even wrong. I dropped out for a chunk to have dinner, but did they even announce anything?
Nah nothing new that I could tell. Clearly that ad was made some months ago for the spring conventions. Rather than making something specifically for this online con.

I hope AL can get all the dubs, sub tracks and ADV extras but wouldn’t be shocked if Khara blocks all those also I bet the OP won’t say Gainax on our version.
I'm actually hoping that "Fly Me to the Moon" will remain intact as the ED. It will also be nice to have improved subtitles, but Khara would probably prevent this.

Don't think I've seen that trailer for The God of High School (complete with a scene with Crunchyroll product placement) before, but that was about it.
Eizouken panel up next though 😁

ADV, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. Was their Evangelion translation good then? I'm just trying to understand why it's wanted and why Studio Khara might block it

Khara created new subs for Evangelion’s Netflix subs also a new dub, the new sub has weird choices such as toning down the gay Hints with Kaworu Among other stuff such as calling Shinji the “Third children” Khara has a iron fist because they hated FUNimations original dub of 3.33 rumor is because people were laughing at when it is a serious film.

Khara created new subs for Evangelion’s Netflix subs also a new dub, the new sub has weird choices such as toning down the gay Hints with Kaworu Among other stuff such as calling Shinji the “Third children” Khara has a iron fist because they hated FUNimations original dub of 3.33 rumor is because people were laughing at when it is a serious film.

What like making jokes behind the scenes I assume? Sounds like Khara has quite a fragile ego for a studio. Thanks for the explanation

Back