UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

If the following scene doesn't move you on a spiritual level, it may not be for you. (Also 'Sailor Moon Says' is the best YT channel...).

Lol! To be honest I love "deeper shows" like NGE and so I should probably like this but I've been watching some trailers today and some reviews and I just don't feel it to be honest 😆

But the set looks really good and AL has done an outstanding work with it. Quite tempted but not sure if I'll ever watch it 😊

Yurikuma and Sarazanmai and they would be what I recommend first as Utena is amazing but the first 10/10 is I think is episode 26 the last Black Rose and then a lull and then the whole apocalypse saga is 10/10.
If Penguindrum was easily available I would recommend that before even YuriKuma

Lol! To be honest I love "deeper shows" like NGE and so I should probably like this but I've been watching some trailers today and some reviews and I just don't feel it to be honest 😆

But the set looks really good and AL has done an outstanding work with it. Quite tempted but not sure if I'll ever watch it 😊

Yeah, as @thedoctor2016 wrote on the previous page, Utena is not for everyone.

In fact, anything Ikuhara is not for everyone. A lot of people simply can't understand why the stuff he makes is so highly rated by a fairly large portion of the anime community. I still recommend it, based on my own experience with the series, but if you aren't "feeling it" then it's obviously better to stay away (at least for now).

Last edited:
Yeah, as @thedoctor2016 wrote on the previous page, Utena is not for everyone.

In fact, anything Ikuhara is not for everyone. A lot of people simply can't understand why the stuff he makes is so highly rated by a fairly large portion of the anime community. I still recommend it, based on my own experience with the series, but if you aren't "feeling it" then it's obviously better to stay away (at least for now).

I might just have to get it someday but I think that I will pass for now. Although that art box looks really cool and I would hate to miss out on it since it's really hard to get an art box when it's sold out.

All three parts of the series are being produced and printed at the same time, so we'll be able to ship all of them together.

Was going to ask to confirm that (as it is listed on the blog post as all being released on the same date), but thanks for confirming Hanners.

I see Utena only has an English dub in 2.0, so I assume that it's fairly old. Didn't they change the relationship or the gender of some characters (or am I thinking of a different show) and thus would still be present?
Are the subs updated because I guess they had the same problem?

Managed to nab one of the 80 art book and ring bundles but looks sold out already? Hope anyone else who wanted one was successful too :3

I didn't manage to get the artbook set :( was there exactly as preorders opened but at the final PayPal processing I thought it had all gone through but unfortunately it was all sold out

Back