UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Does anyone know where the use of the term "cour" in the anime industry originates from? 🤨
I've wondered.
From wiktionary:
English
Etymology
From Japanese クール (kūru), from French cours. Attested in English among the anime community from at least 2007.

And from wordreference:
cour- comes ultimately from Latin, where it has the meaning "run, happen.'' It is related to -cur-. This meaning is found in such words as: concourse, courier, course, discourse, recourse.

So I missed out on the christmas sale since I hadn't really started to expand my collection back then, but I was wondering how often they do sales like that?

For example I really would like to get Wolfs Rain UE, Escaflowne UE and Perfect Blue UE. They were so much cheaper on the sale so I don't really want to buy them for original price if they will be on sale soon again 😆

So I missed out on the christmas sale since I hadn't really started to expand my collection back then, but I was wondering how often they do sales like that?

For example I really would like to get Wolfs Rain UE, Escaflowne UE and Perfect Blue UE. They were so much cheaper on the sale so I don't really want to buy them for original price if they will be on sale soon again 😆

They have a deal of the week going which is worth keeping an eye on but beyond that you got to wait until the next 12 days of christmas for the next sale.

original Japanese (5.1 & 2.0)
JP and US BD don't have the original Japanese audio. The Japanese 2.0 is a downmix of 5.1 with sfx changes. The UK BD is probably a port of the US BD, so won't have the original audio either.

If it wasn't for the Weathering With You UHD set next week, I would have ordered vol 1 with the slipbox. Maybe I'll wait for the standard.

I’m so happy about Utena! But will the bundles only be shipped when all three parts have been released?

edit - looked again and they all come out on the same day just in time for my birthday!

Never heard of this anime. Pretty good score on myanimelist though. Is it worth getting? 😃

It is a classic, considered to be on par with NGE when it comes to classic and well known 90s anime. I know some folks find it repetitive, but I enjoyed it very much! So I recommend it at least :) (though, as always, do some reading to see whether or not you think it be your thing first)

Shame they don’t have the film which is the best bit but yes I’m spending £115 just for the Apocalypse Saga as what a set of 9 episodes that is.
And Utena is not for everyone

Does anyone have a comparison between the US DVD (2015) and the US Bluray (What I'm guessing Anime Limited are using for this release)?

Back