UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I only bought it for that artwork...,, as I think nothing encapsulates the theme of the film better and I remember AL saying they disliked that art and would never get it I have the normal CE anyway so it wasn’t upgrading anything for me.
But I wouldn’t call those release CEs they are a middle ground between them both TiR and FMA have over 50+ pages of approved artwork/material yet they make really small books it doesn’t make sense.

Sure, I can understand buying stuff primarily for their artwork (gone down that road a couple of times myself...) but I was left disappointed since what I was looking for was something of a "A Silent Voice CE/LE experience" since I missed the original CE. I know very well they can't just reprint the original CE - that would defeat the whole point of having CE/LEs - but I was hoping for at least something similar in feel to the original CE and this 2020 LE didn't deliver that at all. (Let me reiterate, me buying it was solely my own fault for not actually checking what the 2020 LE included but just assuming things based on what the - in my opinion - generally stellar CE/LEs from AL usually comes with. The only reason I am bringing this up is to compare with the rest of their re-releases).

Compare this with both TiR and FMA re-releases. I concur the price is a bit high on the FMA sets and, as always, one can moan and groan about what is/isn't included in any given release. However, at the end of the day both these releases feel more like what one can expect from the usual AL CE/LE release than the Silent Voice one does. I mean if I added £12 to the price I paid for Silent Voice 2020 LE I could have gotten Terror in Resonance with a booklet containing the storyboards to its phenomenal first episode instead. Hence my "a slight step up" comment.

As someone who already owns the original FMA due to the Amazon Canada Deal of the Day £10 offer years ago, I've been interested in getting the UK version for a while and I never really bothered with the previous CE due to the barebones content that it had. This 2020 re-release is a lot more appealing since it's similar to Plastic Memories but with a booklet that has artwork from the UE at least, so once it goes down in price I'll pick it up (don't want to spend £70 on the series right now tbh).

I am a bit curious, what did the original CE include? And yes, for me a release with a booklet containing artwork and stuff is more enticing when I am picking what to buy (rather than a "lonely" SE if I passed on a CE/LE), so I really understand why AL is making these re-releases.

Last edited:
I am a bit curious, what did the original CE include? And yes, for me a release with a booklet containing artwork and stuff is more enticing when I am picking what to buy (rather than a "lonely" SE if I passed on a CE/LE), so I really understand why AL is making these re-releases.
It was a digipack packaging with artcards. That's it.

I'm surprised there's no chatter about the virtualcon update Hanners previously posted about. I mean Jesus, Science Saru's Eunyoung Choi, Orange's Eiji Inomoto and Yasuhiro Kamimura are fairly colossal names in the current anime scene, and even though I personally have little positive to say about Polygon Pictures output, I imagine Shuzo Shiota could provide some interesting information regarding the studio's relationship with Netflix.

Honestly the only drawback is that I might not be able to hold back banging my head against my monitor as Inomoto continues to not talk about a potential second season of Land of the Lustrous. 😭

Honestly the only drawback is that I might not be able to hold back banging my head against my monitor as Inomoto continues to not talk about a potential second season of Land of the Lustrous. 😭
Join me in spamming questions about that in the chat :p (not really, but ffs give me more Land of the Lustrous).

Tbh I'll probably on tune in for the AtA panel but the whole things a pretty cool idea.

Why the "Blu ray 2020 Ltd collector's edition" under the title? Prepping for a standard release down the line already or did someone just ctrl+c the Alchemist header and change the series? 🤔😂

Back