UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I'd genuinely take actual content over artboxes. I know AL's whole mission statement is high class physical releases in an increasingly digital age but given how far we are behind the US releases, to in turn lose out on content is very annoying as a longtime fan who has had many of these titles already on DVD for 15+ years.

I want to support and promote the UK releases. Especially as the way the national and global economy is going importing is becoming less feasible. But it's annoying to wait for a title like this and find out some interesting content from the US counterpart was cut, leaving us with 2 trailers. Art cards and booklets are nice but they shouldn't be THE extras in my opinion.
If I remember correctly, the US Bonus Features Blu-ray disc that we didn't get was due to licensing restrictions, most notably the Toonami related stuff.

I feel like AL wanted to do Turn A but realised/had it pointed out to them it was too soon when they're trying to do a renewed Gundam push here. Turn A was supposed to bookend Gundam 20 years in. It's not impossible to watch as a standalone but I can see why they went for doing UC chronologically first instead.

For me I can’t see us getting the lesser gundams so AGE, After War love to be surprised but Turn A is smoke.
All those I would rebuy for the art box, but they are releasing the shows that have better sets in the US. Wing, 00 and probably G. SEED will we get the SD BDs with the original dub I wonder so many questions AL haven’t answered.

Considering the speed of AL Gundam releases until last year, I think they've upped their game somewhat. Now it seems that there is a new release after every few months. Although given the blatant omissions from the latest French releases (no Operation Meteor and no 0083 OVA) I hope the English branch takes Gundam more seriously. I'd love to scratch that Turn A itch right now, though.

My problem all they released show wise was stuff that has been prior released and “popular” (though Wing gets insulted so much at this point can’t agree) so no BBFC.That doesn’t raise my hopes for Turn A and After war does it.
Also there is the stuff “FUNi” has like IBO which was popular but by now everyone will have forgot it so pointless to release it I feel.
And OVA it’s not hard to feel disheartened that America has 0080 that was only released in Japan 3/4 years ago (on BD) and we are only starting with 0083 of all things. (Would have thought 08th would have better first release)

I said this at the time but last year's Year of Gundam did feel like they were being pressured for the anniversary and so just kinda rushed through Blu-ray releases of stuff that had previously been BBFC'd.

(Admittedly given some of my own recent delays in output, I should probably be watching my glass house.)

I agree that we will probably get Turn A when we get to it chronologically, they seen to be going that route. I was also surprised at Gundam 0083 (and certainly would have preferred War in the Pocket) but it is what it is. The next major release in the UC line should be Unicorn if they are consitant.

I partially regret not getting the Wing and 00 sets due to collector's mentality but I'm not a fan of AU line in general to be honest unless it does something drastically different. My issue is that most of it is really just UC lite "Oh no the earth is fighting the colonies again!! But this time it's slightly different, also Char popular archtype is there." Leave that stuff to one timeline please :p

EDIT: Oh sweet Ajin 2 has shipped

Last edited:
I partially regret not getting the Wing and 00 sets due to collector's mentality but I'm not a fan of AU line in general to be honest unless it does something drastically different. My issue is that most of it is really just UC lite "Oh no the earth is fighting the colonies again!! But this time it's slightly different, also Char popular archtype is there." Leave that stuff to one timeline please :p
Only SEED, Wing are that again.
00 is about terrorism, IBO is mars, AGE is “aliens” I know After war has newtypes but don’t know much else and Turn A is now UC coz thanks Rec in G. And ofc G is it’s own thing.
Char clones is a joke and as Unicorn shows they are in on it too.

Only SEED, Wing are that again.
00 is about terrorism, IBO is mars, AGE is “aliens” I know After war has newtypes but don’t know much else and Turn A is now UC coz thanks Rec in G. And ofc G is it’s own thing.
Char clones is a joke and as Unicorn shows they are in on it too.

Well G Gundam does it as well but at least that's so over the top it's entertaining "BURNING FINGER!!!" I could have sworn 00 did that but perhapes I misremembered.

G Reco is UC as well but like just like Turn A it's far enough in the future that it doesn't matter.

It's probably for the best they just say "We have this title!". Announcing things like a complete set for 00 and then backtracking doesn't end well.

Back