UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I recently picked up Re:Zero part 2 from Amazon (standard edition).
I know there was a massive picture quality problem with part 1 but assumed part 2 was fixed as there was a huge delay between releases.
I'll fully admit I'm no expert on video quality but part 2 just looks awful!! Was there a known issue with this one as well?

I know there was a massive picture quality problem with part 1 but assumed part 2 was fixed as there was a huge delay between releases.
I'll fully admit I'm no expert on video quality but part 2 just looks awful!! Was there a known issue with this one as well?
I thought Part 2 came fixed out of the gate, especially the standard editions?

That's as good as we are getting. Part 2 is much better than the original part 1 but I think the Japanese licensor holder purposely gives everyone crap masters as the Japanese Bluray looks miles better.

That's as good as we are getting. Part 2 is much better than the original part 1 but I think the Japanese licensor holder purposely gives everyone crap masters as the Japanese Bluray looks miles better.
Thanks, glad I never picked up that original run of part 1! It must have been unwatchable!!

Does AL have the license for March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2? Hope so as i don't really want to buy the expensive AoA sets but i will if they don't have it.
I think things not getting licensed is a bigger reason poor Sound Euphonium 2.

There's nothing worse (for an anime collector) than shows only getting a partial release. It damages trust with the community and becomes a self-fulfilling problem where people won't buy sets until they are completely released, so sales are low, so they don't get a complete release.

I hope this turns out not to be true as I have already bought season 1 of both March Comes in Like a Lion and Sound Euphonium :(

Heh, I am in the same boat here.

To bad they do not have the license of either March Comes in Like a Lion S2 or Sound Euphonium S2, as the result will be me just getting them from elsewhere. The price at AoA for March sure is hefty but I kinda accepted that just how it is, unfortunately.

Heh, I am in the same boat here.

To bad they do not have the license of either March Comes in Like a Lion S2 or Sound Euphonium S2, as the result will be me just getting them from elsewhere. The price at AoA for March sure is hefty but I kinda accepted that just how it is, unfortunately.

I just had a look at those AoA blu ray prices and wow, yeah. :eek:o_O😂

I also just realized that I'm still waiting for season 2 of The Eccentric Family, as well as Koyomimonogatari, Owarimonogatari Part 3 and Zoku Owarimonogatari.

I guess I'll have to put off starting that Gundam collection 😂

S2 of the eccentric family won’t happen as that’s not licensed for home releases in America.
And the US monogatari for final season due to the gaps it only averaged about $80 every year so it was fine as I love the show.

S2 of the eccentric family won’t happen as that’s not licensed for home releases in America.
Apparently, NIS America already has the license for Season 2, but has done nothing with it ever since the stopped distributing anime. Then again, I only got the information from Wikipedia regarding them licensing Season 2, and the information in question is entirely inaccurate, but I can't say for certain.

$80 every year so it was fine as I love the show.

Urgh every fiber of my being really wants to join in and import the rest of the show as I really love it as well but at the same time those prices deserve all caps all the time $150 FOR BAKEMONOGATARI? WHAT!

Then you got to pay postage and I dread to think what the customs charges are from rightstuff as well because of this.

Back