UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

i get the feeling i don't feel like there's anything else i want from this funi clearance but as soon as i lose all chance to get anything from it i'll discover something that i want

I have around 8 SE titles in my basket and am deliberating whether to bite the bullet or not. I’m curious as to what will happen to the leftover stock.

I got Lucky Star as my last minute panic buy.

after last time when it quickly disappeared because of the funi thing after being released i quickly grabbed that as soon as the christmas sales started

I have around 8 SE titles in my basket and am deliberating whether to bite the bullet or not. I’m curious as to what will happen to the leftover stock.

i assume stock will be destroyed, end date of today was probably because they'd be unable to make sure that the sale would've ended between christmas and new year due to their offices being closed so i guess they got a little extension on the final sale stuff

Most likely case they go to the shredder. If they have no license to sell it, they won't. (And doesn't sound like they'll get another good chance to sell off everything like they do now.) If they can't sell it and they'd keep it regardless it would only cost warehouse costs, which would be economically questionable. Only other option would be it moves to someone else, but then they probably would know it now and if they do I'd assume they wouldn't be writing that this is the last chance in the foreseeable future. (Because if it turned to be obviously wrong people may regard it as false advertising? or someting?)

That being said. Folks, go secure some more of those Hyouka p1 volumes.
The idea that they go to the shredder is just so sad to picture. ;___;

(Snow White at least is probably going to sell out from the looks of it, everything else at least also had an LE from Funi US, I think?)

Get Noein, is all I'll say. Good sci-fi story with some incredible animation throughout and a good soundtrack too. I would say that Prison School is an excellent comedy anime, and completely worth it.

There's a bunch of stuff that I pondered getting, like Wixoss but it has two sequels that didn't come out, so it would low key annoy me to have it incomplete. Free is like series two in the franchise, so that's out. Gangsta just doesn't seem very good. Vanadis seems completely generic, idem for Tokyo ESP. Snow White, while made by bones, seems a bit too shoujo for my tastes.

The only one I regret not getting is Ouran.

Some shows from the Funimation Clearance Sale I pondered to get but ultimately didn't buy.
Blood Blockade Battlefront S1 , Show By Rock S1, Free! Eternal Summer CE. AL did not release the squeals/prequels so there was no point in buying them even though I enjoyed them especially Free. Hopefully, MangaUK will recuse Free at some point this year.
Tokyo ESP, Gangsta, Gonna Be The Twin-Tail!!, Brothers Conflict. Heard many bad things about them on MAL and online reviews so I didn't bother with them as I don't want to waste money.
Hyouka BD. Part 2 sold out so quickly before I had the funds to buy both parts. I will wait for a MangaUK recuse.
Other than I got the shows that I wanted.

Dont understand where all this hate for Gansta has come from. I thought it was excellent when I saw it. In fact I was annoyed there isnt more. For me the one criticism was that it feels a bit unfinished.

Dont understand where all this hate for Gansta has come from. I thought it was excellent when I saw it. In fact I was annoyed there isnt more. For me the one criticism was that it feels a bit unfinished.
It was unfinished. The studio collapsed before the home video version was completed.

i get the feeling i don't feel like there's anything else i want from this funi clearance but as soon as i lose all chance to get anything from it i'll discover something that i want

That happened to me with a ton of the stuff on that sale. Trust me, if you even think you might want something it is probably worth it. Worst case, you sell it a bit later and get a bit of money back for it.

Grabbed Grimgar: Ashes and Illusions BD.
Such as shame about the CE not being on sale.

I don't think it's even on the main store anymore. I had to get mine from Amazon.

Snow White now sold out.
That took a while. Part 1 and 2 by themselves have been sold out for ages.

Ended up picking up the Prison school collectors edition, despite previously paying 60 quid to import the US collectors version when I thought I wouldn't be able to buy the UK one anymore 🙃 Guess I have two versions of prison school to display next to each other now 😛
Eden of the East went out of stock fast before I could order though 😑

Gangsta is a good show. I bought it to give it a go in the Christmas sales last year. I'm not into stuff where people spend most of their time fighting each other so I thought I was going to hate it, but found myself really getting into it. It's really quite an engaging show if you can cope with the fact that it cuts off so suddenly in the last episode just when you want to know more.

Back