UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

You mean this?

Sorry, managed to miss off the most important bit 😂 ;

Collectors Edition

imm just wondering if we will see any other OOP titles in the sale as I am hoping for night is short walk on girl CE

Possible, but remember most of this FUNi stock wasn't OOP because they sold all the copies, but because FUNimation snapped their licenses into non-existance.

I wouldn't keep your hopes up since very little bits of leftover stock are usually saved for conventions

Day 1. Many causalities have been suffered today. Wallets are screaming out for help while others fear the days to come.

That Hyouka part 2 though... wonderful deal. I would have bought it. If I hadn't bought it last Friday. Saw it in a niche little comic store and instantly bought it for £50, because realistically that was the last time I would likely ever see a copy. Then this sale happened and I was left groaning in annoyance at my mixture of incredible and terrible luck.
If it were me, and specifically with Hyouka, at least I could say that the show is easily worth it anyway. (I had no real qualms to shed 300 realm prices each for the JP BD box and the Korean UE. On top of Funi US's part volumes and Al's at early bird prices, which I would have also gotten at SRP.)
So, hopefully, you'll enjoy the show enough to have a similiar effect. =D

If it were me, and specifically with Hyouka, at least I could say that the show is easily worth it anyway. (I had no real qualms to shed 300 realm prices each for the JP BD box and the Korean UE. On top of Funi US's part volumes and Al's at early bird prices, which I would have also gotten at SRP.)
So, hopefully, you'll enjoy the show enough to have a similiar effect. =D

Yeah, in the end I was willing to pay that much to get a copy. Whether I bought it on Friday or in the sale on Sunday, I would have walked away with a copy regardless. It was frustrating at the time but I at least have the complete set now. My part 1 doesn't need an empty space anymore..

Anyone seen/have opinions on Brothers Conflict? It's the only show of that AL Funination titles Sale I don't have. Debating whether or not to get it but dont really know much about it.

Wow well that review certainly didnt mince its words.

It's a shame as there arnt that many reverse harem shows over here. Ouran was great and Kiss him, Not me was surprisingly enjoyable. Both are notable for having a female protagonist with a well defined personality though. Sounds like that's the big thing missing here.

It's an issue I've noticed in other animes based on games where the protagonist of the show is essentially the player of game. The main character quickly becomes the least interesting character.

Worth mentining though, that Kunihiko Ikuhara worked on an Ending of Brothers conflict.
But it doesn't exactly scream of his handwriting. And honestly I couldn't even remember the ED, which I blame on the show being fairly sleep inducing.
It was still a moment of shock to find out his name was attached to something like this show. I mean, everything you think of him, is like exactly the polar opposite of what BC ever does.

I do remember one thing from that show. It's got a squirrel and he was the actual main character.

It's a shame as there arnt that many reverse harem shows over here. Ouran was great and Kiss him, Not me was surprisingly enjoyable. Both are notable for having a female protagonist with a well defined personality though. Sounds like that's the big thing missing here.
There is Saiunkoku Monogatari. Not exactly reverse Harem, but (but kinda close enough in parts) and decidedly certainly gives off the vibes.
Can recommend it in general even beyond this element. And then we can all go and mourn, that the adaption stops one third of the novels, S1 is hard to get and S2 nowhere to be found. (Even OOP in JP last time I checked.)

I haven't seen a review that glowing since Lemon watched Snafu Too!
What was wrong with that one? oo

Back