UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I put my order in also, it’s a release I’ve been looking forward to despite the shortcomings of the adaptation.

Do you think Anime Limited UK will release this, with storyboard and all.. I'm tempted to buy the French limited edition instead of US due to price and customs, and then buy a standard edition with English subs

Ours (UK) will probably be identical to this one if previous releases are anything to go by.

I wonder if Saint Seiya is something Anime Limited have ever looked into trying to license I feel like it would a good fit amongst all the classic older shows they have done plus with the new Netflix dub and subtitles for the classic anime (which hopefully comes to Netflix UK soon) we could potentially see the whole series getting translated finally

I wonder if Saint Seiya is something Anime Limited have ever looked into trying to license I feel like it would a good fit amongst all the classic older shows they have done plus with the new Netflix dub and subtitles for the classic anime (which hopefully comes to Netflix UK soon) we could potentially see the whole series getting translated finally
I can see Saint Seiya in some form coming over here, but the issue is down to Toei Animation. Toei had the opportunity to bring classic Saint Seiya to the UK through Netflix and they botched it (only US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand).

If a Blu-ray release does happen in the US, then Manga is probably more likely to consider it since they have ties to Toei Europe with Digimon, Dragon Ball, and One Piece.

For those that maybe concerned, just had a glance at Als release schedule, and low and behold Twin star 3 and 4 have slipped again to 16/12, which normally I would get very annoyed at, this time it's just another delay, it's becoming routine now.
In a sense I'm actually glad, I've overspent (damn you maiden japan)and a delay is welcome this month. So no rebuke this time.

Pretty sure they've never mentioned this as they don't have the license (unless they've just not announced it...)

That would be just cruel! Here, have a little bit of a really good franchise in Region B land, and be wistful for the rest of your existence at what might have been...

Remembered another one that I really want but never hear about...

Violet Evergarden.

For those that maybe concerned, just had a glance at Als release schedule, and low and behold Twin star 3 and 4 have slipped again to 16/12, which normally I would get very annoyed at, this time it's just another delay, it's becoming routine now.
In a sense I'm actually glad, I've overspent (damn you maiden japan)and a delay is welcome this month. So no rebuke this time.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or both gets pushed to 2020. I heard that the other parts didn't sell well (?) and it just doesn't seem like a priority for them at the moment when they are focusing on getting the Gundam stuff out. Which to be honest is fine, true I have a half-empty box sitting here but personally not really a priority for me either.

Wouldn't be surprised if one or both gets pushed to 2020. I heard that the other parts didn't sell well (?) and it just doesn't seem like a priority for them at the moment when they are focusing on getting the Gundam stuff out. Which to be honest is fine, true I have a half-empty box sitting here but personally not really a priority for me either.
I wonder why they didn't sell well, could it be the length of time between parts, maybe? I don't know many who would wait 8 months beetween part one and two, so could the fault for the low sales be AL themselves?

I wonder why they didn't sell well, could it be the length of time between parts, maybe? I don't know many who would wait 8 months beetween part one and two, so could the fault for the low sales be AL themselves?
Twin Star Exorcists was not well-received during its simulcast, part of the reason was down to studio Pierrot who are known for butchering anime adaptations and adding pointless filler. The anime being 50 episodes long and split into four parts can put off buyers especially at the asking price. Another reason I reckon is down to Anime Limited's handling of the series - a box for all four parts is perfectly fine by all means, however adding booklets for parts two to four I felt was more of a case of trying to ramp up the price when the show doesn't have much value to begin with. I feel this was a big misstep for the distributor. Like booklets are great and all, but sometimes it's worth taking a step back and think to yourself whether this show or release really warranted it. At this rate, it's probably their biggest flop since Samurai Flamenco.

Note: This is just my opinion on the matter.

Back