UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Cheers. 0079 is the original series/movies right? Has there been a release of 8th over here yet?

OO79 is the original series.
The 0079 movie trilogy is a compilation of the 0079 series.
I can recommend the series. While I have not checked out the movie trilogy myself, I do get the impression that the movies leaves out a big chunk of the series and gives the movies a rather shallow feel to it compaired to the series.

0079 trilogy retcons things. For instance, the White Base goes from being pivotal in Operation Odessa to missing it entirely. A lot of the changes boil down to not needing enemies of the week and scrapping some of the more toyetic elements.

I'd argue it actually does a great job of telling the heart of the story, with most any other Gundam compilation project being useless beyond a glorified clip show.

there was a summer sale around this time last year, will there be another one this year or is it usually the christmas deals that happens?

Considering doing a full review for the site, but quick thoughts on CCA.

• Nice transfer. I've never been wowed by CCA but this beats my old US DVD.
  • I like that the poster tries to emulate the theatrical one but like Thunderbolt's it's an awkward size and shape. The Maquia poster was at least easily transitioned to A3.
  • Art cards continue to be a mixed bag for me, especially when the chosen art is random. I think the best usage has been Reco using them to showcase the Japanese covers. The old US DVD came with a mini booklet that explained things like the movie's timeline, the distance of locations, etc.
  • Although at least one is brand new to me, I wish the on disc extras were more than trailers.

there was a summer sale around this time last year, will there be another one this year or is it usually the christmas deals that happens?

Can't remember where, but one of the AL people said most likely won't be a sale as they have had quite a few done so far and that they are prepping for christmas now. So don't expect a summer sale I suppose.

I Was able to get the last gundam thunderbolt: December sky Collector’s edition from amazon. Now I just ordered the second film bandit flower from AL store.

I’ve never ordered from anime ltd so Does anyone know if the AL store gets DHL to deliver their orders? I live in Gibraltar.

I Was able to get the last gundam thunderbolt: December sky Collector’s edition from amazon. Now I just ordered the second film bandit flower from AL store.

That was you? I was hoping to buy that next week. 😣

Oh well, I better start keeping an eye on eBay. That and order ZZ part 2 collector's edition while that's still available.

I don't keep up with UK releases that much, but does anyone know if the second and third Code Geass compilation films will be released? Did Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection get a UK theatrical release?

I don't keep up with UK releases that much, but does anyone know if the second and third Code Geass compilation films will be released? Did Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection get a UK theatrical release?

Hanners said Q4 for the 2nd and 3rd films.

Re;surrection has not had any UK theatrical release

Back