UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

It's the danger with these mystery boxes. You have no idea what you're getting and if it's a load of stuff you don't want or have already then you may as well sell it on to recuperate some of that money. (I don't usually buy them.)

This is why I don't buy mystery boxes/bundles. I'd rather not risk getting a release I already own/have no interest in getting, and going through the hassle of selling them on CeX or Cash Converters (I usually go with the latter whenever I give away some anime DVDs and upgrade to Blu-ray for those titles, as my local Cash Converters pay out more than CeX).

@BlackCondor93 I'm the same but the fact they were stock that sold poorly intrigued me as those are the ones that normally sky rocket in value/desirability in the future; especially if they can't even shift stock/get stock returns.

Unfortunately I owned most of the ones that I wanted. (including your name but I like the steelbook)

I can see why Junjo Romantica was one (yaoi must be a real niche within a niche for the UK market).

I was disappointed to see baccano standard edition on there but it was one that took a long time for them to get out, the same with fumoffu (which I imported due to mixed messages from AL as to whether it would be released).

I was also sad that A Silent Voice was one of the titles as it's a very good film IMO.

Sao II part 1 also seemed unusual given that the subsequent parts are pretty much sold out, maybe they printed a much higher quantity (plus it didn't have the box.)

ASV and Baccano are because I feel the CEs sold so well there was no big market for the SE
YN seems the opposite the SE did exceedingly well yet they printed too many CEs both steelbook and UE.

Last edited:
@BlackCondor93 I'm the same but the fact they were stock that sold poorly intrigued me as those are the ones that normally sky rocket in value/desirability in the future; especially if they can't even shift stock/get stock returns.

Unfortunately I owned most of the ones that I wanted. (including your name but I like the steelbook)

I can see why Junjo Romantica was one (yaoi must be a real niche within a niche for the UK market).

I was disappointed to see baccano standard edition on there but it was one that took a long time for them to get out, the same with fumoffu (which I imported due to mixed messages from AL as to whether it would be released).

I was also sad that A Silent Voice was one of the titles as it's a very good film IMO.

Sao II part 1 also seemed unusual given that the subsequent parts are pretty much sold out, maybe they printed a much higher quantity (plus it didn't have the box.)

Just to quickly jump in here, I feel I need to add a note which will help alter current perception on things. As we said when we this was advertised, the contents of this mystery bundle was based purely on stock levels. But, that doesn't mean that said products have necessarily sold badly. Taking standard edition titles as an example, reprints happen quite often but you guys will usually never know about that as the stock has been constantly available or unless there's an exceptional circumstance. It's not a case where we've printed [insert insanely huge number] of units and they just sit in a warehouse. It's a delicate balancing act that our production team have handle on a regular basis.

Hope that helps.

Just to quickly jump in here, I feel I need to add a note which will help alter current perception on things. As we said when we this was advertised, the contents of this mystery bundle was based purely on stock levels. But, that doesn't mean that said products have necessarily sold badly. Taking standard edition titles as an example, reprints happen quite often but you guys will usually never know about that as the stock has been constantly available or unless there's an exceptional circumstance. It's not a case where we've printed [insert insanely huge number] of units and they just sit in a warehouse. It's a delicate balancing act that our production team have handle on a regular basis.

Hope that helps.

It has been 3 weeks and i have yet to even hear from you guys that it has even shipped out as i have not gotten an email that it was, is there a reason why? is it cause im an international buyer i hope you can clarify something from my end. And if u tell me i should email them i already did and they just said when it is shipped out they would send a confirmation email but i still have not heard anything.

It has been 3 weeks and i have yet to even hear from you guys that it has even shipped out as i have not gotten an email that it was, is there a reason why? is it cause im an international buyer i hope you can clarify something from my end. And if u tell me i should email them i already did and they just said when it is shipped out they would send a confirmation email but i still have not heard anything.
They are still in the process of sending bundles out. They stopped to get the Maquia stock shipped upon its arrival due to the length of time since order and that it was already past the street release date.

MVM do not have a lot of staff available for packaging either and can only fulfill so many orders a day between the AL webstore and their own Anime On Line site.

All the mystery bundles have shipped and notifications were sent for all of them. Have you checked any filters (junk, spam, etc) to see if it ended up in there?

Worth emailing their support team again and giving an order number.

Just to quickly jump in here, I feel I need to add a note which will help alter current perception on things. As we said when we this was advertised, the contents of this mystery bundle was based purely on stock levels. But, that doesn't mean that said products have necessarily sold badly.

My bad, sorry! That's a bit of a relief really given the calibur of some titles.

AnimeExpo will be showing both the 00 movie and NT in 4D.

...I'm...so happy for them...
Kd6NMfu.jpg

The rest is the Gundam 00 stage play where the mobile suit battles are just the actors gliding around the stage on wheeled chairs.

(This is a real thing)

So will the Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy come with a rigid case?

Back