UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I especially enjoy Silver Spoon because it's exactly like the area I live in here in "Pennsylvania Dutch Country" - farms and more farms - Amish farms, Dairy farms, Hog farms, Chicken farms, and some Horse farms too. My Mom's relatives owned multiple dairy farms and I spent a lot of time there when I was growing up, so I've "Been there Done that" with pretty much everything in that series - except for the cheese-making!

Last edited:
My family didn't quite have a farm, but I also grew up surrounded by animals and living in the countryside - so I can relate to Silver Spoon a lot! I'm also fond of it for Hiromu Arakawa's particular blend of humour, she balances the more emotional slice of life aspects with wonderful dashes of comedy. A-1 did a fantastic job adapting the series into anime, too, so it's definitely a 'must own' for slice of life fans.

I just wish we had a S3...

I especially enjoy Silver Spoon because it's exactly like the area I live in here in "Pennsylvania Dutch Country" - farms and more farms - Amish farms, Dairy farms, Hog farms, Chicken farms, and some Horse farms too. My Mom's relatives owned multiple dairy farms and I spent a lot of time there when I was growing up, so I've "Been there Done that" with pretty much everything in that series - except for the cheese-making!
So... You're eating raw eggs over rice in the US, too?

I used to eat raw eggs back in the 1970's before it was unhealthy to do so after the Salmonella scare. There used to be Orange Julius drink stands in the local shopping malls here; a Julius was somewhat like a fruit smoothie made with a variety of fresh fruit - but you could also order them with 1 or 2 raw eggs whipped in with the drink to make them richer tasting. I always ordered them with two raw eggs.

I eat a lot of eggs at home for breakfast on the weekends, and I always make them sunny-side up and very snotty, so they're not that far from being raw anyway... Mmmm!

I used to eat raw eggs back in the 1970's before it was unhealthy to do so after the Salmonella scare. There used to be Orange Julius drink stands in the local shopping malls here; a Julius was somewhat like a fruit smoothie made with a variety of fresh fruit - but you could also order them with 1 or 2 raw eggs whipped in with the drink to make them richer tasting. I always ordered them with two raw eggs.

I eat a lot of eggs at home for breakfast on the weekends, and I always make them sunny-side up and very snotty, so they're not that far from being raw anyway... Mmmm!

With an LE version that comes with...posters.

tumblr_nbvltiJmxZ1r922azo1_500.gif

Back