UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@ayase Hello sailor. Are you aware that Viz are re-releasing the Urusei Yatsura manga in two-volume omnibuses? I got the first one last week and since then have been awash with glorious nostalgia~
Hey now, hey now, now, Fabio. Good to see you again (as it was good to see Aion for the week or so before he got bored or got banned). I was not aware of that no, might make for a nice accompaniment to my Japanese volumes I still can’t read, remember when the Pound was riding high against the Yen? I ‘member.

We’ll have to see about getting more Kon stuff released if it lures you back here. I get some conversation out of Prof and Neil (and Rui if it’s something controversial) and I still get likes off Vash even though he rarely posts, but I miss the old days. I think everyone’s on discord now, talking in real time, you know, like using the telephone or MSN messenger? Weirdos.

Hey now, hey now, now, Fabio. Good to see you again (as it was good to see Aion for the week or so before he got bored or got banned). I was not aware of that no, might make for a nice accompaniment to my Japanese volumes I still can’t read, remember when the Pound was riding high against the Yen? I ‘member.

We’ll have to see about getting more Kon stuff released if it lures you back here. I get some conversation out of Prof and Neil (and Rui if it’s something controversial) and I still get likes off Vash even though he rarely posts, but I miss the old days. I think everyone’s on discord now, talking in real time, you know, like using the telephone or MSN messenger? Weirdos.
It's unlikely we will get more kon titles because of Sony still haveing the licenses and I can't see Sony letting the licenses expire.

They don't have Millennium Actress last time I checked
Plus Sony let Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers go to Manga, so I don't think they're all that fussed.

Kinda unfortunate either Manga or AL preferably AL couldn't nab all things Kon so we could have a nice complete collection. That, I would have paid £90 for.

Kinda unfortunate either Manga or AL couldn't nab all things Kon so we could have a nice complete collection. That, I would have paid £90 for.
Assuming you are reffering to K-ON! (THE music anime) and I totally agree! That mega deluxe boxset released in america looked fantastic, and I would of loved a UK release. Considering we don't even have any blu-ray releases of the first two seasons over here is a bummer too :(

Assuming you are reffering to K-ON! (THE music anime) and I totally agree! That mega deluxe boxset released in america looked fantastic, and I would of loved a UK release. Considering we don't even have any blu-ray releases of the first two seasons over here is a bummer too :(
Ayase is actually referring to Satoshi Kon (the director of Perfect Blue).

I remember Manga tried to put out a Blu-ray release for K-On! Season 1 but it got canned.

Plus Sony let Paprika and Tokyo Godfathers go to Manga, so I don't think they're all that fussed.

Sony being willing to license out in the UK is a relatively new phenomenon, that really started with Indicator but they've now opened it up to other labels including Manga. Paprika was entirely unnecessary, it's a shame they didn't license and release Memories instead which would be an incredible get.

Millennium Actress has had a 4K restoration, so I feel like it's only a matter of time before someone releases it but I do hope it's sooner rather than later.

Oooops, sorry my bad! I'll try searching on MAL next time! Apologises for the confusion on my part...
If you haven't you should watch his stuff. There's only 4 films and one TV series due to his untimely death.
Hard to say where to start as they are all pretty mind bending. Probably Tokyo Godfathers. All films are available here, but Millennium Actress is DVD only at the moment and might be harder to find.
His TV series Paranoia-Agent is on Viewster.

We’re talking about the lion from Bleach, right?
original.gif

Back