UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Funy to see that the Kazé France CE from 2017 has almost the same content (the complete A4 sized Storyboard, each A4 page include 2 page of the storyboard so its not 300+ pages but everything is still there) + a bigger companion book/artbook (60+ pages) for less than 40€ (~ 35£)

The Blu-ray PQ was not great of course (pretty bad master) and that edtion does not have the OST but still, ~ 55£ more for just a remaster (not perfect) and the OST... ouch.

Funy to see that the Kazé France CE from 2017 has almost the same content (the complete A4 sized Storyboard, each A4 page include 2 page of the storyboard so its not 300+ pages but everything is still there) + a bigger companion book/artbook (60+ pages) for less than 40€ (~ 35£)

The Blu-ray PQ was not great of course (pretty bad master) and that edtion does not have the OST but still, ~ 55£ more for just a remaster (not perfect) and the OST... ouch.
Yeah... the only other differences besides the remaster is the addition of the Kon lectures as extras on the BD- but I doubt licensing extras costs that much to warrant an increase that high. Maybe the OST is what's driving up the price- it is for the Bebop UE, so if that's the case... DON'T INCLUDE IT. While nice, I doubt the cost of including it will be worth it in the long run as it probably won't be listened to that much- as the music, while great, really doesn't work as well on its own when compared to matching the visuals in the film.

Plus nudie Mima cover, bless the French. Sadly I wasn't aware of this either and now it too is gone from everywhere. This is a curse. Kon clearly is not happy with me, I'm not living up to my artistic potential. If only I could listen to his lectures and look at his storyboards...

That's a beautiful looking set for one of my favourite films, but at 60 quid I'm gonna have to pass. Personally, I have no interest in storyboards and would happily have done without that for a price more in the region of £30-40. Alas, you can't please everyone.

@ayase Hello sailor. Are you aware that Viz are re-releasing the Urusei Yatsura manga in two-volume omnibuses? I got the first one last week and since then have been awash with glorious nostalgia~

It’s not for me, but it looks like a very impressive release!

I’ve still never seen PB. I keep meaning to pick up the standard BD, but I never get around to it. One day!

I hope we see a Sunshine S2 release, even if it's a limited run again. In fact, the limited run was a deciding factor for me to get it when the early bird price was around.

Its just a series I haven't seen mentioned at all by Anime Limited. I would have liked to see a "Season 2 TBC 2019" in the Season 1 unboxing just to give us a hint its actually coming.

Even the J-pop Go blog post (Hosted on Anime Limited Site) from 3 months ago makes no mention of Season 2 coming soon just "Love Live! Sunshine!! is released in the UK on Blu-ray and DVD by Anime Ltd."

Maybe @Hanners or @Jeremy Graves could give us a hint

Back