UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

An update.... AL apparently can't amend shipping addresses. I don't mind all the lateness etc, it happens.

Being unable to change addresses or see any tracking info is a real kick in the teeth though when so many of us are likely to be in sporadically or entirely elsewhere over the Christmas - New Year period.

(Originally posted this in the mvm thread by mistake, apolgies!)

Edit: Explained the situation & Jeremy managed to (hopefully) get the delivery address changed. Top notch customer caeet as always.
Wish me luck, I've emailed them asking the same. As it stands they would attempt delivery to my work address with nobody there to accept them :(

I always return the books to their box after reading, so I haven't had that happen personally, but I can imagine that the one included in the Patema Inverted ultimate edition would do that given the chance, just because the paper it's printed on is a bit on the thin side. Surprising that the Genius Party book would do that, because it looks to be a thicker paper than the Patema one. 🤔

Spooky comparison to make, since I've also been reading the Patema UE one this week- I don't think there's any Shinkai bodyswap shenanigans afoot… Anyway, I've definitely had that one out over night once or twice (I read at a deliberate pace) and actually haven't had an issue with it. As you say, page for page they look to be a pretty comparable thickness, too, so I wonder what it is about the Genius Party book. Just hates the cold, maybe.

Oh well, hopefully recording it here will keep someone else from making the same mistake!

I was wondering why none of my Christmas deals had arrived yet! None of them are christmas presents, so as long as they arrive and are undamaged, I can wait a bit longer.

Hopefully this sorts itself out in time!

Trying to estimate how many orders the distribution place have to deal with.
i think between 1000-1500 were shipped, and atleast up to day 11 (my last order) around 4200 orders total were made, guessing another 1000 were made on the last day and over the weekend with the bonus round thing

Got the first of my orders (Day 3) this afternoon, so at least that's something's made it here before I have to go home for Christmas. :)

My late predictions for ALs mystery boxes, in no way biased towards a release that is more than likely next year
1. Perfect blue UE
2. Perfect blue UE
3.Perfect blue UE
4 Perfect blue UE
5. Perfect blue UE

Box 2 has remarkably similar contents

How're you enjoying the Patema book, dude? Those early character concepts are a real eye-opener! 😮

Definitely, I don't know if I've known of other character designs that went through *three* different artists' hands before, but it sounds like pretty much everything about the production was unconventional. Come to think of it, we're surely overdue on an announcement on Yoshiura's next work, right?

The book's a real beauty, and I haven't gotten to the (prequel?) story portion yet. Between that and some other extras I'm just getting around to, I've barely thought about those remaining 12 days deliveries.

Back