UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I mean I could forgive Snow White as there was never a complete set, or GL Cos the films hadn’t been released prior in a SE. but Escaflowne it feels like they are laughing at me for buying the SEs Cos this set is now also cheaper. And I don’t love AL as people know but this pratice has lowered my little faith further

One the one hand, second season of Aldnoah.Zero for £15 is pretty good, and it'd be nice to have to match the S1 set from the mystery box a couple years ago.

On the other hand, the second season is an absolute trash fire.

Decisions, decisions.

One the one hand, second season of Aldnoah.Zero for £15 is pretty good, and it'd be nice to have to match the S1 set from the mystery box a couple years ago.

On the other hand, the second season is an absolute trash fire.

Decisions, decisions.
Yeah I’m in the same boat. The completionist in me versus the voice of reason. I know who’s likely to win.

I don't remember there being a Nadesico film....it's weird, for some reason inside the set alongside the series discs they included a holographic drinks coaster.
There is a movie and it's really disjointed from the show. Visuals are different, tone is more dark and serious and there is some plot in the middle that's probably inside some other medium, that didn't make it into an anime.
Felt somewhat OOC after the TV show.

There is a movie and it's really disjointed from the show. Visuals are different, tone is more dark and serious and there is some plot in the middle that's probably inside some other medium, that didn't make it into an anime.
Felt somewhat OOC after the TV show.
No, no movie. A fun show, a cute OVA. No movie that I hate with the burning passion of a thousand suns...

I had a couple on VHS, not really anime though, count duckula, Bucky o'hare and the British classic - trap door! Memory escapes me for much of it though, apparently my brother has said we did have mazinga z and robotech, but I apparently destroyed them as a baba, I am filled with shame :(

I mean I could forgive Snow White as there was never a complete set, or GL Cos the films hadn’t been released prior in a SE. but Escaflowne it feels like they are laughing at me for buying the SEs Cos this set is now also cheaper. And I don’t love AL as people know but this pratice has lowered my little faith further
Are you kidding me? Where was the "wait for our undamaged CE release that we're working on and have that as a replacement" option when they failed to actually provide a fixed part for the UE?
Thankfully, CEX will give me £37 for one of my Escaflowne UEs.

Back