UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Already?! Any chance AL orders will be shipping soon @Hanners? ;_;

Once our fulfilment house have stock they'll start shipping. Hopefully by early-mid next week. But worth noting we have literally hundreds of orders for this, and we're a small team so they'll be sent as soon as possible, but might take time to get them all sent.

Once our fulfilment house have stock they'll start shipping. Hopefully by early-mid next week. But worth noting we have literally hundreds of orders for this, and we're a small team so they'll be sent as soon as possible, but might take time to get them all sent.

Sounds great! Really looking forward to receiving mine. Totally understand you’re a small team with a lot to get through, so certainly not going to complain if mine isn’t one of the first to go out. :D

Take your time, it's not like I don't already have Steelbooks and Sainsburys exclusive versions to tide me over. ;)

I just received the US LE release yesterday in the mail, so that can tide me over until the UK CE ships and arrives over here in the US - But I'm looking forward to the UK CE release much more. I got my Zavvi dispatch notice earlier today, estimated arrival is not until Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I usually get UK packages in about 10 days though, so hopefully I will have it before Thanksgiving. I just hope they don't ship it overseas in a flimsy bag.

Oh, I almost forgot the Steelbook edition shipped from Amazon on the 4th, so I should be getting that one sometime this coming week... Then I'll need to check out the video issue, compare it to the Funi version, and most likely get my email in to AL by the end of the month for replacement discs for the two sets.

Last edited:

Please don't rush - last thing we all want is for damage to occur to the orders in transit due to rushing through the packaging process. :)

Any updates on stock regarding A Silent Voice? I know about the warehouse mix up etc but have you got a date when the reprinted sets will be in stock?

Last edited:
Gundam Unicorn complete collection, all of 00 on Blu-ray and Gundam AGE announced for US.

That middle one...I need it in the UK.

Seriously. Everything will be perfect if we can get 00 on Blu-ray here.

kPDT7eC.png

Re:YN Deluxe
Weird I haven't got an email from Zavvi but checked my paypal and the transaction was completed yesterday?

Edit - Nm they take it 48hrs before dispatch.

Gundam Unicorn complete collection, all of 00 on Blu-ray and Gundam AGE announced for US.

That middle one...I need it in the UK.

Seriously. Everything will be perfect if we can get 00 on Blu-ray here.

kPDT7eC.png

Hopefully AL speed up Gundam releases 2018, plus hope that Unicorn release is the OVA version one can only dream

Any updates on stock regarding A Silent Voice? I know about the warehouse mix up etc but have you got a date when the reprinted sets will be in stock?

Not sure which version you're referring to specifically, but we (and other retailers too, if they were/are still impacted) should hopefully be on track when it comes to stock deliveries of the standard DVD and Blu-ray by around early-mid next week.

As for the Collector's Edition, all going well they will be shipping during the week commencing 20th November. (For reference, this is the date highlighted in the listing at our web shop - and was highlighted on the email I sent to everyone (during week of MCM) who ordered from us a few weeks back too - if that's any help.)
Obviously we'll update more when we can but we've got A LOT of orders for this as you can probably imagine. I'm talking in the hundreds. So obviously they'll be dispatched as soon as possible but the amount of man power we have means they more than likely will not all ship the same day, when they do start shipping. So expect to see staggered shipping, for want of a better word/phrasing, once that starts.

Also, if anyone ordered the poster bundle from us, the posters will ship separately (as we originally planned) and hopefully will be by end of month/beginning of next month. Admittedly I don't have a time frame on when we're expecting them to be delivered to us, so could well be earlier for all I know. But again will be subject to man power in terms of how quickly they can be sent once we have them.

And what I've mentioned above isn't factoring in other releases due to be shipping all around that time either. I.e. Your Name Deluxe and Eureka Seven Ultimate. Just thinking about of all the parcels being sent this month... *gulp*:eek:

Hope that helps :)

My view on current anime limited, from someone who joined the UK anime buying scene not long ago.

It's not really my intention but I find myself ordering a lot of movies.

Today I was forced (funny I've been playing forces lately) to buy persona 3 movie 2 just like I was with movie 1. Getting into that list of out of print soon scares me, I want them in collectible edition format lol

Considering I have some more anime limed movies on my wishlist I can see it happening again soon, the other 2 persona movie (yeah... seems to be going 1 per month pace), HAL (it's on the list but I doesn't seem to be going OOP anytime soon so..), garden of words, anthem of the heart..

And there's some more movies on the horizon that I want like sword of the stranger, SAO, Eureka Seven, Fireworks looks super interesting to me.. even napping princess does.. (meanwhile I still need to get ERASED which I might just wait and grab both parts at once like Hyouka thinking about it.)

But TV series wise, while there are still some shows I want coming.. Haruhi, Re;Zero, Violet Evergarden, I'm super sad that Sound! release was canceled, and might be just my taste but a good % of what I want is either not announced by any UK publisher yet or are being licensed by other publisher (MVM). Oh and btw for spine consistency, and my sanity, overlord 2 better be funi with publishing by anime limited.. don't make me hate you even more sony.

(Give me New Game!, Steins;gate movie, Re;life, Saekano, Orange and so on.. someone save Clannad, Haruhi s2/movie, 5 centimeters per second from DVD only hell pls.)

Meanwhile can't wait to receive my Your Name deluxe edition.

Oh and btw for spine consistency, and my sanity, overlord 2 better be funi with publishing by anime limited.. don't make me hate you even more sony.

They don't publish for FUNimation in the UK anymore. Any FUNi titles yet to be releaased are just leftover from their previous arrangement.

So unless AL can get rights to Overlord S2 directly from JP (which I bet CR already grabbed the UK home rights) then the people to release it will be whoever FUNixCR end up dealing with when that time comes in 2-3 years.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a AL release.

Back