UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Is the Silent Voice delay exclusive to certain stock (ie the collectors ed.), or will all versions be affected. I pre-ordered the standard ed. but haven't received an email mentioning a delay as yet. No discount code either, although I'd be surprised if they were given to people buying the barebones version. Thinking about it, I still haven't used the coupon Jeremy sent after the Belladonna delay. I wonder if that would even be active now? Hmmm.

Oh, and out of curiosity, does anyone know if the release of Rolling Girls been unofficially cancelled? I know AL picked it up in 2015, then passed it to Funimation, but I don't recall any updates since the beginning of the year. I'm wondering if it's no longer considered financially viable to release anymore. That would be a shame. Sure, the show was a mess, but it's something I would happily part money with for production materials alone.

It'll still be valid, so nothing to worry about there!

I'm curious since AL uses AOL to do their shipping will customers who ordered direct from AOL get a discount code as well since they are suffering the exact same problem, but since they didn't order direct from AL they don't get anything.

(I personally haven't ordered, but know some who have such as crashmatt)

Just a quick apology from me folks, these things are super rare occurrences and it's rare we're victims of our own popularity so quickly there. Totally understand if folks are irritated too - as ever we'll try to make it up to folks in future :)!

Andrew
As long as I can buy a second copy at MCM still, I'm content.

I'm curious since AL uses AOL to do their shipping will customers who ordered direct from AOL get a discount code as well since they are suffering the exact same problem, but since they didn't order direct from AL they don't get anything.

(I personally haven't ordered, but know some who have such as crashmatt)

Sadly I have missed.out twice, both on the posters and now the discount code. I pre ordered a couple of months back as I knew I wouldn't have the money this month. So not only do I not get my copy along with with others, I dont have anything to show for it :(

My standard copy of A Silent Voice arrived today, which was great as I didn't even know it had been dispatched yet. Unfortunately transit wasn't kind & the plastic disk holder broke, meaning the blu ray was loose, but both the disk and cover seem fine, so it's literally a case of picking up another amaray case next time I'm out.

On a less positive note, it's been 8 days since dispatch & my copy of In This Corner of the World still hasn't shown up from MVM's store. Hopefully it isn't lost.

Nice to see some merch. Couldn't see anything about the size of the posters? I'm guessing not huge... Want a HEUUUGE one. May pick up the mug just to amuse myself every time I use it. I really don't like the £ signs in that font they have used with the double lines through. Kinda makes my skin crawl.

Nice to see some merch. Couldn't see anything about the size of the posters? I'm guessing not huge... Want a HEUUUGE one. May pick up the mug just to amuse myself every time I use it. I really don't like the £ signs in that font they have used with the double lines through. Kinda makes my skin crawl.
The posters are 70cm x 100cm (unframed).

The posters are 70cm x 100cm (unframed).
Oooo
uu9pmDP.gif

At first I was :D then I saw the price and I was :eek:
For some reason thought it was a fiver. double checked and saw 10... Agree it is a bit on the steep side. They could do with doing something like £10 free AL branded merch of your choice for every £100 spent on Anime...

For some reason thought it was a fiver. double checked and saw 10... Agree it is a bit on the steep side. They could do with doing something like £10 free AL branded merch of your choice for every £100 spent on Anime...
If they did that then I'd certainly be in for a free mug, (assuming there are any Ajin/Hyouka sets left by Sunday);)

Last edited:
Back