UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Anime Industry Discussion' started by britguy, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Pokémon Master

Well that's annoying :p Oh well, it's only a fiver so I'm sure I won't starve due to the difference... Shame Your Name has a crappy Zavvi deal, could have done with the competition to drive the price to something that's not BS.

2. Lambadelta

Lambadelta Thousand Master

I thought that was the point.

3. Buzzkillington

Buzzkillington Pokémon Master

I mean yeah, pretty much lol it's bloody annoying though.

4. DragonBlaze67

DragonBlaze67 Pokémon Master

At least we get the posters for the extra £5, if we didn't have the posters i would agree and move my pre-order to Amazon.

5. PilibO

PilibO Student Council President

As it's close to being OOP on the AL store already- I'm happy to pay the extra £5 to know a copy is definitely secured, get the posters, and give AL more of the money :)

Neil.T and HWR like this.
  6. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

Just ordered it with AL.

It's a really good film.

7. Patient-X

Patient-X Adventurer

Plus, AL have great customer service if any problems should arise.

PilibO likes this.
  8. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

HWR likes this.
  9. Lambadelta

10. Scrambled Valkyrie

Scrambled Valkyrie Kiznaiver

@sniper_samurai Has your ZZ Gundam turned up yet? No luck yet on my end.

11. sniper_samurai

sniper_samurai Straw Hat Pirate

Still haven't received shipping notification, as I mentioned I am in Hungary visiting family this week so I wouldn't know if it arrived or not.

12. Scrambled Valkyrie

Sorry forgot you mentioned that. It's been a long week.

13. CatSword

CatSword Hikikomori

A little worried about The Testament of Sister New Devil. Amazon still lists it for November 27th, Anime Limited says Q4 2017. Hyouka comes out December 3rd and already has a BBFC classification. Think it might be having BBFC troubles?

14. Robbl

Robbl Student Council President

Hyouka p1 will be sold at MCM. I doubt it will be delayed unless there are QC issues.

Jaysgba likes this.
  15. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

Regarding photo wall at MCM- are we keeping the meme alive by blurring mine/taking it from behind?

Jaysgba likes this.
  16. Lambadelta

@anime_andrew any chance of AL looking to pick up Kyo Kara Maoh! series? Its had a BD release in JP since 2013, and hasn't been seen in the west since Gennon released its DVDs ages ago.

Gemsy-chan and elaniel like this.
  17. HellCat

HellCat Adventurer

Any idea when we'll know panel times for this weekend? No panel schedule in the MCM PDF and people are reporting printing errors so assuming this is one of those times where info like this will be at 11th hour.

18. Scrambled Valkyrie

I second the recommendation to look into Kyo Kara Maoh. I never saw past the first series due to the DVDs going OOP but based on that first season I really enjoyed it.

My delayed copy of ZZ Gundam arrived from Anime Limited on Saturday. Really enjoying my first viewing of it.

Jaysgba likes this.
  19. Gemsy-chan

Gemsy-chan Combat Butler

I thirdly recommend Kyo Kara Maoh...I’m lucky enough to own both series but I would sell my kidneys for a UE on blu ray which included the third season and OVAs.

20. Jon O Fun

Jon O Fun Great Teacher

If we're suggesting shows to license howsabouts this: going by recent license expires Manga should be losing Steins;Gate in 2018 (5 years after release)... As the Cowboy Bebop Ultimate is dead in the water if anything deserves an upgraded better release with a nice art book AND THE MOVIE it's Steins;Gate :)

Neil.T and Peachy like this.