UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I dont want to watch mine till I get up to chars counterattack cos they are all connected. So I can moan

I'm in this boat as well. I can't start watching if it could then be years waiting for a part.

But how do you know you will even like it without getting through at least S1? Why not at least make a start? You never know you may decide you hate it, in which case you may save yourself £££?

But how do you know you will even like it without getting through at least S1? Why not at least make a start? You never know you may decide you hate it, in which case you may save yourself £££?
I'm already committed to buying all of AL's Gundam releases. Even if it turns out I don't like the original series, I can't just give up.
I enjoy Thunderbolt though, and Origin is alright.

I'm sure there are alot of others you have watched all the gundam uk blurays shows released so far and more during the long wait and decided what gundam titles they are gonna support.

Others who what to buy and binge through the original saga on home release so are waiting for ZZ and CC to complete that.

Lastly people that wanna buy all the gundam titles.

Everyone is different.

I've seen everything Gundam.

I respect I might be the minority over here.

I'm close, I just haven't watched Victory or the Build Fighters shows.

Anyway, I don't mind waiting. It's annoying, yes, but then so is waiting for anything you like. Given I remember just a few years ago when the UK Gundam releases were REALLY lacking, I'm just happy to have any Gundam on Blu-ray over here. I mean the next series was previously never released in any English speaking country and has instead been represented on my shelf in a DVD case with a badly-made-by-me cover holding some burned DVD-Rs in them, so I'm thrilled we've made it to ZZ. I honestly thought those fansubs I burned would be all I'd ever have of the show.

A (potentially) controversial piece of speculation, not aimed at anyone in particular;

The number of people complaining about UK Gundam Availability > The number of people that are up to date (have watched all of) the UK Gundam releases so far.

Whilst I can understand complaining about availability of a series that you are up to date on, complaining about one that you are not up to date on (IMHO) is kinda rude. Given that the releases so far are mostly quite long series I find it hard to believe so many people are up to date. Of course there will be those who are, and those people are (IMHO) entirely entitled to be frustrated with delays, but for those who are not, perhaps you need to consider your own rate of progress (Again IMHO) before complaining.

The key word here is speculation - I'm not sure how you can say that first statement with confidence.

Remember, ZZ was never released officially in the UK (I don't believe), so I think it's fair people wait on that to come out before they dive in and also, since when was it a bad idea to shelve something until the rest of that series is released, especially in the box set binge culture we now have in the west? Only case I can think of is for video games, as you wouldn't be keeping up with the hype.

It's not like these Gundam shows aired like last week so people will not have missed out on all of the lovely community related discussions that we see nowadays for simulcasting shows, these titles are old, some of them older than many of the members of this forum and so watching it in their own time is COMPLETELY understandable. We don't see delays like this between parts/ seasons for other shows, and the US are seeing a tight release schedule while we were promised something similar, so I think it is fair for people to complain. As customers we are all entitled to be frustrated given the promises made and, as someone who has watched the show as it has been released here in the UK, I think your passing of the buck onto the consumer is unfair - what if your speculation is wrong and it's actually the opposite scenario, what then? Even if it is correct, is does not absolve AL, it is none of their business how quickly customers watch their releases, given those very customers have already paid good money for that privilege.

The key word here is speculation - I'm not sure how you can say that first statement with confidence.

Remember, ZZ was never released officially in the UK (I don't believe), so I think it's fair people wait on that to come out before they dive in

A key difference I see here is the length of Gundam AL have already put out in the UK. A cursory glance at runtimes on Amazon indicates 2925 Minutes of runtime not even counting the Movies. That's nearly 49 Hours. Pretty much 30 minutes per day from Now until ZZ part 1 is due. We're not that far off it being an hour per day and yes some people may binge watch but in most cases keeping up with an hour per day viewing for 48 days is already starting to sound pretty excessive.

I'm a binge watcher and I could maybe handle 3 hours a day per series with a week gap between series but I'd be pushing myself way more than I'd want.

What I was getting at is that the chances of being up to date even starting now by the time ZZ is out are slim unless you have already started and made significant progress, so waiting for a series that you are not yet ready to watch, that you will not be ready to watch by the time it arrives and then complaining that it is holding you up makes no sense. (at least to me).

@msgeek you do realise both parts of MSG 0079 have been out since August 2016 (1050/17.5 hrs), Zeta pt 1 since Feb 17 (625 mins/just under 10.5 hrs), and Zeta pt 2 (625 mins/just under 10.5 hrs) since May 17 - why is it so inconceivable to have watched all of that up until now, in fact that seems most likely given again how most people binge watch shows. I discount the movies as they are recaps and because who splits the watching of a movie over 2 days to watch several sessions of 30 minutes worth?

It is holding me up - I've watched all of the shows AL have put out and it's a LONG wait until the next. Again, we were promised a schedule similar to the US, so it is fair to complain given that was the expectation given. We were also told the time between shows being release would be shortened following Zeta but that still doesn't seem to have happened really.

MSG 079 part 1 was released back in Nov 2015 and second part was released Feb 2016 so even going by 3 hours per series a week with a week gap, that was more than enough time to watch the first series on that schedule. That's over a year until Zeta Part 1 came out, so I definitely believe more people are up to date with releases especially the way people binge shows.

Last edited:
Back