UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

From that list of what's likely to be in the Christmas deals I've got everything I'd want apart from Fuse & Samurai Flamenco and I'd only get those two if the price is right so I'll likely just be looking out for the preorder deals and might go for mystery box to give away any doubles as presents.

Well it looks like Mai Mai Miracle is finally ready to go. Latest backer update says it should be shipping any day now.

To be honest I'd pretty much forgotten about it. Glad it's finally coming though. It's a shame this Kickstarter was so protracted after the Patema Inverted one went so smoothly. I'm guessing that having to deal with a disbanded production committee nearly half-a-decade after the film's release probably didn't help.

Oh my god. Today's Xmas deal is incredible!

12 Days of Xmas 2016 Offer #3 - Production I.G film bundle

That's two Collector's Editions and two BD Standard Editions for basically the price of one Collector's Edition!

On another note, I watched The Place Promised in Our Early Days for the first time the other day. I really enjoyed it; it very much exceeded my expectations for one of Shinkai's early films. And AL's Blu-ray treatment really looks the part.

I also watched Voices of a Distant Star. It's great to finally be able to watch it with the audio and subtitles in sync with the picture, unlike the old ADV version.

Just a bit of a shame about the missing 'alternate Japanese audio' track, I guess. But then, that's a legacy of ADV's original release, isn't it?

Last edited:
I was ready to order the
Space Dandy series 1 & 2 Blu-ray [PRE-ORDER]
Our Price:
£20.99

But!

Offer is valid to UK & Ireland residents only.

So could you please tell me when will this come up as an early bird for us from other countries?

Do you intend to make a standard release of just season 2?
Some of us allready bought the SE of season 1.

I can't find the original post, and I'm sure someone will correct me, but Anime Limited mentioned that the SE of Part 1 sold so little that it would not be cost effective to release a Standard Edition of Part 2 to general retail... But! For those few who did buy the SE of Part 1, they'll be able to get the SE of Part 2 directly from the Anime Limited Webstore

I can't find the original post, and I'm sure someone will correct me, but Anime Limited mentioned that the SE of Part 1 sold so little that it would not be cost effective to release a Standard Edition of Part 2 to general retail... But! For those few who did buy the SE of Part 1, they'll be able to get the SE of Part 2 directly from the Anime Limited Webstore

Yeah, I remember reading this too. I'm sure they'll both be out around the same time.

Back