UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I guess Build Fighters would be a logical pick - personally I wouldn't be as psyched for that, even though I know people rave about it.

I mean, Wing is an option too - that's more a matter of time than anything - and I'm sure Andrew as good as admitted they'd be getting round to it eventually on one of the recent Anime Ltd podcasts?

I guess Build Fighters would be a logical pick - personally I wouldn't be as psyched for that, even though I know people rave about it.

I mean, Wing is an option too - that's more a matter of time than anything - and I'm sure Andrew as good as admitted they'd be getting round to it eventually on one of the recent Anime Ltd podcasts?
Given Wing is huge in the US, I'd be surprised if they gave that to AL first.

For territories we do have the license we can look at exceptions (Netherlands falls into some crossover for titles) but it's more to stop anyone from the USA say ordering an AoA title if we have a flash sale for example :).

AP
I know Kaze has the licence to some titles in the Netherlands, even though nowadays they only add French subtitles which I can't read and don't sell it here. :rolleyes:
If there's a title during the 12 Days of Christmas that I really want and I know it's not licensed by Kaze, could I place an order?

Wow.

I know I'm a bit late to the party here, but I just got the Miss Hokusai Ultimate Edition, and it's really nice.

The wooden box is a genius idea, and the actual build is spot-on. The depth inside fits the art cards, digipack and book exactly. And the book looks packed with interesting stuff. I'm looking forward to delving into that. :)

(Also, I can report that my wooden box slides easily out of the o-card.)

What was the cut off date for things likely to be in the sale again? I have most of the older AL releases I want but there are a couple of early in the year titles I wouldn't mind getting.

What was the cut off date for things likely to be in the sale again? I have most of the older AL releases I want but there are a couple of early in the year titles I wouldn't mind getting.
The latest newswire said "There will be no title on offer that will have been released after April 2016.".

Last edited:
If I order Escaflowne from Anime Limited directly and it arrives damaged. Will Anime Limited have to replace the whole set or just the damaged parts?

I was going to ask for a replacement from Amazon UK but what if that arrives damaged as well.

I suspect these are the valid deals then:
  • 009 Re:Cyborg - CE Combo | SE DVD
  • Blood Lad - CE Blu-ray
  • Cowboy Bebop - SE Blu-ray | SE DVD
  • Durarara!! - CE Blu-ray
  • Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya - CE Blu-ray | SE DVD
  • Full Metal Panic! - UE Blu-ray
  • Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl - CE Combo | SE DVD
  • Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo - CE Blu-ray
  • The Garden of Words - Blu-ray | DVD
  • Giovanni's Island - UE Combo | SE Blu-ray | SE DVD
  • Gurren Lagann - SE Blu-ray | SE DVD
  • HAL - CE Combo | SE Blu-ray | SE DVD
  • Kill la Kill - CE Blu-ray [Part 2] | SE Blu-ray [Part 1] | SE DVD [Part 1]
  • Mobile Suit Gundam - SE Blu-ray [Parts 1 & 2] | SE DVD [Parts 1 & 2]
  • Noein ~to your other self~ - CE Blu-ray
  • Outlaw Star - SE DVD
  • Patema Inverted - UE Combo | CE Combo | SE Combo
  • Perfect Blue - SE Blu-ray | SE DVD
  • Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise - CE Combo | SE DVD
  • Samurai Flamenco - CE Blu-ray [Part 1]
  • Space Dandy - CE Blu-ray [Seasons 1 & 2] | SE Blu-ray [Season 1] | SE DVD [Seasons 1 & 2]
  • Sword Art Online II - CE Combo [Parts 1-3] | SE DVD [Parts 1-3]
  • Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning - CE Combo
  • Tiger & Bunny: The Rising - CE Combo
  • Tokyo ESP - CE Combo | SE DVD
  • Tokyo Ghoul - SE Blu-ray | SE DVD

Isn't the Season 1 CE of Space Dandy OOP? Or rather sold out on their site.

I'll be shocked if Samurai Flamenco isn't part of the mystery box tbh (to shift stock if nothing else...perhaps being a bit cynical?), scratch that as I assume the shows in the BD and DVD boxes will be the same and I don't believe SamFlam was released on DVD....I can't say I'd buy much of that list (I own the things I would want....guess that's the catch here lol) but Noein, The Garden of Words and Giovanni's Island UE would be maybes (the last 2 would have to be pretty cheap). I'm still holding out hope for a deal on the Terror in Resonance UE as I think it just makes the cut off point but I wouldn't be too sad if I end up spending nothing. :p

Last edited:
If I order Escaflowne from Anime Limited directly and it arrives damaged. Will Anime Limited have to replace the whole set or just the damaged parts?

I was going to ask for a replacement from Amazon UK but what if that arrives damaged as well.

When mine arrived damaged from AL I was told to sent it back to them in Glasgow, where upon delivery a replacement set was sent out.

I know Kaze has the licence to some titles in the Netherlands, even though nowadays they only add French subtitles which I can't read and don't sell it here. :rolleyes:
If there's a title during the 12 Days of Christmas that I really want and I know it's not licensed by Kaze, could I place an order?

If exceptions could be made I'd really appreciate it as well!

was hoping Psychic School wars would be on there but ah well. Tokyo ESP is tempting but as I have no money at the moment I suspect I will not be partaking in the sale sadly.

was hoping Psychic School wars would be on there but ah well. Tokyo ESP is tempting but as I have no money at the moment I suspect I will not be partaking in the sale sadly.

Grav has just posted a list of what he thinks will be on offer, nothing is confirmed yet, other than the pre April 2016 thing which PSW doesn't fall in to unfortunately.

Looks like todays sale is the standard editions of Kill la Kill.
**12 Days Of Christmas 1-Day Special Offers ~ from 1st-12th December 2

Whoops. I already bought all three parts on DVD in HMV just after Scotland Loves Anime. I'm glad I've watched them! :p

I paid around £50 then, so this is a great deal, I reckon.

Also, I opened my copy of Place Promised / Voices, and it's so high-quality. The rigid case, booklet and art sleeves look really nice. Plus, it uses that rarest of beasts: CLEAR Blu-ray Amaray cases! No need to squint at the inside artwork through a blue murk!

I love it! Well done, Anime Limited. ;)

Back