UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Elaniel said:
Agreed, everyone has a different opinion. That's sort of what I'm trying to say. Just because someone doesn't think a title is worth a particular price, doesn't mean others don't. (Wow... used lots of double negatives in that sentence!)

One person may think Terror In Resonance is worth the price, another won't.

Indeed, and people just have to understand and accept what other peoples views on these matters are. To the people who think this TiR is worth it, then great :) just accept that others don't, and the same goes for people who don't think it is worth it etc

End of the day, there will be ways to buy the show, I tyhink it's just because people actually want to buy/support the Ultimate Edition, just not at the price of asking, which is where people need to just accept that they unfortunately can't have everything :( it's why I don't have the Blue Exorcist sets from Aniplex of America, no matter how badly I desire them!

I think people are always going to be more derisive of Akame ga Kill than Terror in Resonance because Terror in Resonance is aiming to say something philosophical, whereas Akame ga Kill is a deliberately trashy exploitation series. Within their own genre objectives, Akame ga Kill is probably the more successful series, as it succeeds in providing an interesting succession of grisly fight scenes and interesting bad guys, whereas Terror in Resonance veers from painfully obvious to ludicrous plot devices in order to try and get it's message across. (I like to view TIR as a modern day fable, rather than the serious drama it was seemingly aiming for.) However because people view exploitation as a 'lower genre' and perhaps because it doesn't have a couple of huge names attached, people are always going to look down on it and view it as less worthy.

And I say all this as someone who does think Terror in Resonance is the better series.

My Gundam box suffered a crushed corner :mad:

Struggling to understand the artistic decision being all the grey spots littered over the box though, thought it was pure white prior to it arriving, I assume this is part of the original artwork?

britguy said:

Struggling to understand the artistic decision being all the grey spots littered over the box though, thought it was pure white prior to it arriving, I assume this is part of the original artwork?

Yeah, not sure why there is all of that, makes the box look dirty

Mrclt1994 said:
britguy said:

Unsure, pretty sure it wasn't our idea though :)! Also oh no re crushed corner :(. Who shipped it out?

AP

anime_andrew said:
Mrclt1994 said:
britguy said:

Unsure, pretty sure it wasn't our idea though :)! Also oh no re crushed corner :(. Who shipped it out?

AP

Amazon. It's not a huge amount of damage so I'm not too fussed though!

Samurai Flamenco been pushed back a week?

anime_andrew said:
Mrclt1994 said:
britguy said:

AP

Maybe someone can Andrew what we're talking about re the grey spots. If not, I will take a pic when I get home from work this evening.

Mrclt1994 said:
Maybe someone can Andrew what we're talking about re the grey spots. If not, I will take a pic when I get home from work this evening.

Andrew knows what it is, his unsure was "unsure who decided to have it on the art" so it's likely it was on the original artwork

britguy said:
Mrclt1994 said:

Andrew knows what it is, his unsure was "unsure who decided to have it on the art" so it's likely it was on the original artwork

yeah, whomever thought it was good needs speaking to lool

anime_andrew said:
the wealth of information available in the Japanese release was so high and we were allowed to use it all so it would have been a criminal shame to just leave it by the wayside.
Bit of a random comment, but it is criminal that the wealth of material (13 hardback books, half of each being storyboards and the rest production art and background information) for Kiddy Grade never got translated, other than some stuff on the FUNimation site (RIP); especially when FUNi went the whole hog with the hardback books for Samurai Seven. It doesn't seem like they were restricted since I have a Chinese translation of the one book.

Those Samurai 7 LEs are still probably the most impressed I've been with the effort put into a Western release. I also appreciate the nostalgia of remembering how big a fan of Kiddy Grade you are, Shiroi.

Competition time!

It's been a while since we had a competition here on facebook so there's no better time than now!

We have this prize pack (pictured) featuring lots goodies from Japan and we even have a copy of our Space Dandy Complete DVD collection signed by scriptwriter Kimiko Ueno too!

For a chance to win all of this you simply need to make sure you've like our page, like this post and in the comments below answer the following question before 5PM TOMORROW (Fri 4th Dec.)

Question: What was the first anime you ever watched?
Yes it's really that simple to enter! The winner be randomly selected from all who enter and announced by no later than 6pm the same day the competition closes.
Good luck everyone~!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Complete list of prizes in this prize pack:
~ Space Dandy Complete Series 1 & 2 DVD set signed by scriptwriter Kimiko Ueno
~ Revoltech Danboard mini
~ Attack on Titan ruler
~ Japanese Death Parade starter book
~ Tokyo Ghoul badge
~ Durarara!! x2 keychain
~ Kill la Kill badge (blind packaging)
~ Tokyo Ghoul camera/bag strap
~ Blood Blockade Battlefront paper wallet/folder
~ Tokyo Ghoul bage (blind box packaging)
~ Seraph of the End paper wallet/folder
and some promotional material from Japan

Wait a minute...

Japanese Death Parade starter book

latest

I sense a Death Parade license.

NormanicGrav said:

latest

Alas no! I would kill for it but atm nothing there, I'm just a huge fan and bought a spare at Anime Japan this year (obviously bought one myself). That said, if I can, I will license it :D.

AP

anime_andrew said:
NormanicGrav said:

latest

Alas no! I would kill for it but atm nothing there, I'm just a huge fan and bought a spare at Anime Japan this year (obviously bought one myself). That said, if I can, I will license it :D.

AP

Damn it! If you do have the opportunity to license the series, let me remind you that you should also license Death Billiards (the OVA that helped spawn the series, also a prequel).

Got my FMP Ultimate Edition today. Nice and early, just the way I like it.

Can't see any issues packaging/art book-wise.

My only niggle is that the discs are literally (as far as I can see, bar the region change of course) a copy of the Funimation Blu-Rays, logos, trailers and all. Bit weak that, but otherwise I am very happy and it looks great on my new 4K TV.

As ever though, I have nowhere to put such a large box. The storage struggle is real guys.

For me, the only issue is the general plainness of the set, but I guess that was a design choice in keeping with a military style design as well as the fact that AL were limited with what they could actually use. It's just a rather bland looking set overall.

With TTGL you have some great art on the slip, excellent art all around the box, then loads more art on the digipack, but with FMP you have one simple character piece on the cover of the box, a logo on the back, a logo on the back of the artbook, a pencil mecha on the artbook cover and single character shots on the amaray, there just isn't any comparison.

Still, I like it overall and look forward to watching it all.

Received my copy today, too. The build quality of the artbox is great, even if I'm a little annoyed with no logo on the spine. The art book is pretty nice, but the paper quality is kind of disappointing (especially when you compare it to the booklets in their other releases).

Robbl said:
Jatz said:
even if I'm a little annoyed with no logo on the spine.
Because it's an artbox not a company promotion box like MVM's releases

Regardless of what it is, inconsistency annoys people. And it annoys me too, but fortunately I sort my collection alphabetically rather than by distributor or genre, so differing designs rarely appear next to each other.

Back