UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

anime_andrew said:
PandoraHane said:
Hi Andrew, does that mean the DVD version of Durarara will be available around that time too? I've not even cancelled my order on Amazon because I'm so excited for it :D

It'll come at the same time as the remastered version on BD - so yep :)! So sorry for the delay too - it's been an eternal nightmare for us over the last year sadly :(

Andrew

No problem at all! I understand things happen and I'm more than happy to wait so things are right. Thank you very much :D

Patema Inverted UE came today and it's a lovely set. Can't wait to watch it, had a brief look through the book and it looks amazing but don't want to spoil anything before watching.

One of the discs was a floater (the BD of the movie) but these things happen in transit unfortunately!

Just got my Patema UE as well! Yep my bluray disc was loose as well but no damage. The o-card has minor bumps but quite pleased with how this turned out. The package was damn cold though with residue

Patema arrived! Looks stunning, Very impressed by the book, even nicer than I presumed. No damage to the set either. Perfect.

Great job Andrew & Co!

So I just got my Patema UE set, and yeah it didn't make it in one piece. Also as a side note, I don't know if there's a specific way to take the discs out of the right hand side, because I feel like I might break something if I pull the disc out. I don't like pushing on the trays etc because it feels like I'll bend the backing/card. I felt the same frustration with Lagann UE too. Me and digipaks don't see eye to eye if it already wasn't obvious lol :p

On a positive note, I really like the artwork on the box and the quality of the box aside from the bump at the top, and the book looks really nice although I haven't read it yet due to not having seen the movie yet :)

I posted some pics below to show the damage. I hope that this is a one off and everyone else gets there's in perfect condition! :) It is a nice set overall and I'm happy that I backed the KS.

DYfQsNfO.jpg

6ZXMoEDd.jpg

J8bJTtZK.jpg

fCBsiPBF.jpg

zIiUxedb.jpg

That's some damage right there.

Don't really like the way the discs are held in myself, but they are pretty easy to get out. Don't pull them, just put your finger on the top edge of the disc and push downwards.

Emulsion said:
That's some damage right there.

Don't really like the way the discs are held in myself, but they are pretty easy to get out. Don't pull them, just put your finger on the top edge of the disc and push downwards.

Thanks, I'll give that a go. It's probably really simple, I just get frustrated easily and give up lol. Again, the damage is most likely a one off. I don't want to make anyone on the fence uneasy. It doesn't feel like something that went wrong in the printing phase or a design flaw like GL at the time or anything. Nice set overall.

qaiz said:
So I just got my Patema UE set, and yeah it didn't make it in one piece. Also as a side note, I don't know if there's a specific way to take the discs out of the right hand side, because I feel like I might break something if I pull the disc out. I don't like pushing on the trays etc because it feels like I'll bend the backing/card. I felt the same frustration with Lagann UE too. Me and digipaks don't see eye to eye if it already wasn't obvious lol :p

On a positive note, I really like the artwork on the box and the quality of the box aside from the bump at the top, and the book looks really nice although I haven't read it yet due to not having seen the movie yet :)

I posted some pics below to show the damage. I hope that this is a one off and everyone else gets there's in perfect condition! :) It is a nice set overall and I'm happy that I backed the KS.

Jesus re the damage! We'll be lodging a complaint shortly about this as it's unacceptable from the courier.

On the upside it's more isolated in this case but I am very sorry about this - if you message via the Kickstarter we'll log it and sort a replacement for you too! So sorry about this again!

Andrew

Amazon shipped Space Dandy on Saturday morning and it didn't arrive today :'( actually gutted about that tbh, wanted to dive straight in to it tonight! Damn you amazon UK!!

anime_andrew said:
qaiz said:

Jesus re the damage! We'll be lodging a complaint shortly about this as it's unacceptable from the courier.

On the upside it's more isolated in this case but I am very sorry about this - if you message via the Kickstarter we'll log it and sort a replacement for you too! So sorry about this again!

Andrew
How long do we have to lodge a damage report? I received mine today but I was planning on saving it for Christmas but having seen those pictures that qaiz posted above I might think about opening my copy early.

anime_andrew said:

Andrew

Thank you for the reply, I really was hesitant on posting the images as I really feel bad for you all and I didn't want to dampen the otherwise positive release :( I'll message you via KS in any case. Should I remove the images from this thread? I feel bad :(

qaiz said:
anime_andrew said:

Andrew

Thank you for the reply, I really was hesitant on posting the images as I really feel bad for you all and I didn't want to dampen the otherwise positive release :( I'll message you via KS in any case. Should I remove the images from this thread? I feel bad :(

This sort of damage isn't something AL have done. it looks a lot like the couriers employed by Sony DADC have just done a literal banging job with your delivery!

I'm rather lucky that I rarely if ever receive items with damage to them. I often think that it means the sorting offices and postmen in Birmingham are just very good at their job!

Back