UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Well, I liked the artcards actually...

I kind of hope Erased p1 shows up on its own, I have more than one p2 to complete. But I guess being in the mystery box is not too terrible either.
What was day 12 usually like again? Just the mystery boxes, nothing else?
I liked the artcards too. Getting six duplicates though? Not so much.

Apropos license - March comes like a Lion S2 p1 is out from AoA. What was the march licence for AL again? Just S1 oder also S2?
Now really wanting to get the AoA March when I could get it from AL as well.

I got them off eBay a while ago, all in the box. I'll know, it sits on my desk and does this little vibrate - y thing whenever someone breaks the taboo of putting a SE in a CE box
Mmm, I've got 12 sleeves and DVDs from the single DVD releases without their cases stuffed into the Vol. 1 CE of the French Nana, after I dumped the merch stuff from that CE. I doubt it can be all that bad to put a normal SE into the CE box. =X

Mmm, I've got 12 sleeves and DVDs from the single DVD releases without their cases stuffed into the Vol. 1 CE of the French Nana, after I dumped the merch stuff from that CE. I doubt it can be all that bad to put a normal SE into the CE box. =X
Great, I'll have to calm it down when I get back home!

Another example of something France has that we'll probably never get...
France did slaughter that one with 2 space wasting released and then a nouvelle edition, which was 2 boxes with half the show and is now going for moon prices. When I got single vol. 3-15 for 4€ each I thought that was cheap (they were going for 20is before), but then of course I saw the CEs (3 discs in one CE) for first going like 22 then 12 online. Figured it was cheaper to get the first CE instead of even more singles (even if it meant a doublet of disc 3.) And all stuffed in that box it's also less space than the nouvelle edition. Would have preferred the merch extras of a diffrent CE box though (really wasn't interesting in a replica of Nana's tie), but oh well.

Great, I'll have to calm it down when I get back home!
Don't you sedate my Frankenstein!

Castletown Dandelion and Kiss Him, Not Me for me today.

I won't be going for the mystery box (it's just not my kinda thing) - so my total haul for the 12 Days sale is 15 BDs and a DVD. Very nice!

Now hopefully the MVM sale chills out a bit, so I can give my poor Paypal account a rest for a while!

I haven't bought anything from these sales due to the shipping. I have no idea how much it would end up costing without putting in my info, and if it would be cheaper to buy from Amazon UK on certain items (as while the bundles are nice, I don't want everything in them).
The only one I actually regret not getting was the Day 3 bundle- the "short but sweet" one. But, the reason I didn't go on that, despite the insane deal was the shipping.

I'm not demanding you to lower shipping costs (as I couldn't, and it's rude), but please consider it. Your shipping, Anime Limited, is too damn much. I'd be willing to buy these things if they were lowered, or there was a slower but cheaper option. It seems that those also outside the UK have this as well- even ones in Europe, so this is far from the only time you've heard it.

I'll be mad if the Perfect Blue Collector's Edition is exclusive to your store, not because I wouldn't support you, but because I don't like spending a crazy amount of money on a Blu-ray's shipping.

Last edited:
@Professor Who I can’t claim to know the details in AL or any other company’s case, but having sent packages abroad before in a personal capacity and being involved with a business that shipped overseas, shipping internationally from the UK has (for as long as I can remember) been ludicrously expensive compared to shipping internationally from other countries. Quite why this is remains something of a mystery, but it doesn’t seem to matter whether you use the UK Post Office or private shipping companies, it’s just something we seem to have to put up with, like the weather and the price of petrol (the price of fuel may even have something to do with it - We don’t have France’s revolutionary spirit, sadly). Obviously Amazon are somewhat of an exception, what with having their own massive global distribution network.

@Professor Who I can’t claim to know the details in AL or any other company’s case, but having sent packages abroad before in a personal capacity and being involved with a business that shipped overseas, shipping internationally from the UK has (for as long as I can remember) been ludicrously expensive compared to shipping internationally from other countries.

Blame brexit.... oh wait :p

MVM charges like £2 per item, meanwhile AL is £11.

Amazon uk is somewhere in between. edit: £3.67

It's a lot.

could argue the same about some american companies really, amazon charges i think $5-7 shipping and customs on top, other smaller companies charge $25 and have no customs payment included

could argue the same about some american companies really, amazon charges i think $5-7 shipping and customs on top, other smaller companies charge $25 and have no customs payment included

I'm Portuguese, I can only talk about my experience.

The few times I buy stuff from US, I understand why it's costly and I'm thankful of amazon to do the customs clearence for me as well, it's such a big pain to do over here(happens a lot with the random stuff I get from japan), you have no idea, it's like 2 months at best and after paying a whole lot and dozens of papers.. it's hell.

I've had shipping from Amazon UK, Amazon JP, Zavvi, Play Asia (Hong Kong), CDJapan, and probably a few other places in my lifetime, and all of them have been cheaper than AL's (granted, they're bigger, but still)- with the the exceptions of model trains (yes, I have a small OO gauge UK model trains, as British engines are way cooler than what we have here), and Buyee (for Yahoo Auctions purchases- because they fee you up the @$$), they all came from various places in the world and shipped for less. Or, a similar price, but with more ordered to compensate.

Now, I'm not expecting free shipping- that's absurd. But, if it were £5 or less, I'd be down for it. (Yes, VAT is a b**ch, but that's a whole other thing)

@Professor Who I can’t claim to know the details in AL or any other company’s case, but having sent packages abroad before in a personal capacity and being involved with a business that shipped overseas, shipping internationally from the UK has (for as long as I can remember) been ludicrously expensive compared to shipping internationally from other countries
Zavvi: e.g. 1.30£
Zoom: 1.99£ (for the first 2 items, 2.99 for larger orders)
Amazon UK Marketplace: 1.92£ (per item, typically)
MVM: 2.00£ per item
Amazon UK: depending in destination, but typically around 4£ for the first item and a few pence for each additional
Anime Ltd: 11.50£

Whilest fees for Royal Mail are very cheap for low-weight items, prices get insane once you get over the 2kg-limit.
However, depending on destination, e.g. Hermes International | Parcel Delivery Made Easy charges less than 10£ even for a bulk orders hitting 5kg.

Back