UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

A delay should always be assumed with Anime Limited, it's the only way some of us can cope.
The gap between Durarara x2 releases was so long I genuinely forgot there was another part! :( oh well. Just no one remind me AssClass s2 part 1 came out 8 months ago and part 2 isn't due for another 3....

Of course not. Anime Ltd. released part 1 five months after Funimation. Part 2 came out in the US in September, so I would expect a UK release in Q1 or at most Q2. Unless there is a delay of some kind.
They are doing more than Funi did. Iirc, Funi released a barebones disk wheras AL is will be doing a booklet.

And then there are titles like Selector Infected WIXOSS; our season 1 was over a year after the US release and AL aren't releasing season 2. Good times.

And then there are titles like Selector Infected WIXOSS; our season 1 was over a year after the US release and AL aren't releasing season 2. Good times.
Seeing how the CE is still in stock everywhere I doubt it's been a big seller like Fate/Kaleid. Sadly, predicted sales of further seasons will probably not recoup the license costs.

AL is will be doing a booklet.
Oh a booklet, odd thing, if I wanted a book, I'd buy a book, since I want an anime series (completed) I'd rather just get an anime series.
I know I'm showing my age a bit, all the artwork, interviews and other things that will be in booklets/books or whatever, used to be on disc extras and this was on a DVD, not a Blu Ray.
It's not the first time the gap between releases of the same series has been brought up, even by myself (which usually get's ignored, possibly because I only usually use facebook and twitter)
I've been happily haunting this forum for years, this is the reason I finally joined, Why? I know approvals blah blah blah and we're only a small company, surely this should be getting less often, not more as you learn the pitfalls, quirks etc
I'm not even going anywhere near the packaging problems (your lie in april part 1) or the disc issues, that seem to happen with an unerring regularity.
Before everybody jumps on me, I know MVM and Manga/animatsu aren't perfect either, at least with them you can (kind of) plan ahead for what you want to buy, I'm sure AL tries to, something isn't right if you keep doing the same things wrong though.

its not really 4k though if japan version is same transfer as no hdr and just slightly higher res alot of anime will only be as good as the blu ray counterpart unless given a complete rescan which will be unlikely for about 90%

Oh a booklet, odd thing, if I wanted a book, I'd buy a book, since I want an anime series (completed) I'd rather just get an anime series.
I know I'm showing my age a bit, all the artwork, interviews and other things that will be in booklets/books or whatever, used to be on disc extras and this was on a DVD, not a Blu Ray.
It's not the first time the gap between releases of the same series has been brought up, even by myself (which usually get's ignored, possibly because I only usually use facebook and twitter)
I've been happily haunting this forum for years, this is the reason I finally joined, Why? I know approvals blah blah blah and we're only a small company, surely this should be getting less often, not more as you learn the pitfalls, quirks etc
I'm not even going anywhere near the packaging problems (your lie in april part 1) or the disc issues, that seem to happen with an unerring regularity.
Before everybody jumps on me, I know MVM and Manga/animatsu aren't perfect either, at least with them you can (kind of) plan ahead for what you want to buy, I'm sure AL tries to, something isn't right if you keep doing the same things wrong though.

i do respect your opinion but a huge reason for some of the problems is the approvals and extras etc how ever part of the reason i shop thro AL is the Extras that and they are often Cheaper or Near the same on some of those LEs then Local which in turn i would rather get somthing More then Just straight Video Transfers .....

@anime_andrew Seems to be doing that Quite well atm :)

the thing I don't understand, is the longer AL exist, the longer the wait for part 2's, it should be the other way around. then you have the elephant in the room, Yona of the dawn, there were no sparkly extras, no pack in's, yet took an age for part 2, So we're left with the unanswerable puzzle.
Here's an idea, rather than put out part 1 and then do the work for part 2, do it all before you put part 1 out, then you wouldn't keep doing this, or at least as much as you could ( I do realise you're a business)
Most of the time problem comes from the packaging , so do that (approvals) before you release a thing, then you'd cut the time, disc nowadays are usually just copy and paste from elsewhere ( I know some aren't but the ones I buy are)

I would like there to be less of a distance between part releases too. Three months max between those Aniplex part releases, and six months max between the Funimation half season releases. When you look at something like Durarara x2... There comes a point with a series where I just stop caring. Ideally a second instalment should come while I still remember what happened in the first, and that is happening less and less.

I would like there to be less of a distance between part releases too. Three months max between those Aniplex part releases, and six months max between the Funimation half season releases. When you look at something like Durarara x2... There comes a point with a series where I just stop caring. Ideally a second instalment should come while I still remember what happened in the first, and that is happening less and less.
I don't even see the point of a part series.
You might make a little more money, but not from me! I only buy complete series. :)

Back