UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I hope you realise how much stick I'm getting in the office because of this comment! ;)

Old-timer indeed... :p
Oops :D. Maybe 'connoisseur of classical anime' would have been better?

I'm probably a similar age to you, so I'm something of an old-timer myself by anime viewing standards. It's a badge of honour, honest ;).

@Hanners - Email sent as I didn't get the email yesterday.

Also, I've had no response to my enquiry about exchanging my Your Name CE (last chased on 30th November...)

ERASED e-mail has been sent to you. To be honest, I can't find the Your Name enquiry myself so probably worth sending in another e-mail message to chase that one - apologies!

So my order from a few days ago for Hal has just been cancelled! So upset

i had same status as well im just hoping none of my other items get cancelled

To clarify on this one, HAL should be the only title impacted where we had to cancel a small number of orders due to a stock shortage. Huge apologies to those affected and we hate having to do something like this, but sadly when stock goes AWOL in transit and there's no further stock in print to replenish it we have no choice.

Again, sorry to those let down on this occasion.

I'm giving Zavvi a second chance and ordered the Anthem of the Heart CE (Zavvi Edition) before it goes OOP. I hope they fixed their packaging.

Does Kerry no longer work at AL? :(

Unfortunately, I think she left about 6 months back. Not sure as to the details, but there's been several "Lest we forget" comments on the podcast, which is a shame. I know she didn't appear to a big fan compared to the rest of the crew, but I really enjoyed her blunt and occasionally bleak sense of humour. Keith & Andrew try their best in that regards, but it's just not the same. Now we're left with overwhelming upbeat people like Andy & especially Jeremy, whose relentless positivity on life has me recoiling back, like a vampire staring at the sun. Why is he always so happy? I suspect he's either discovered the secret of everlasting life or is a master Russian spy. I will accept either possibility.

Last edited:
I'm giving Zavvi a second chance and ordered the Anthem of the Heart CE (Zavvi Edition) before it goes OOP. I hope they fixed their packaging.

I ordered Outlaw Star & Anthem of the Heart from them a week before the 12 Days deal. I can guarantee their packaging is still as bad as you remember. At least Anthem arrived in pristine condition... Outlaw Star, not so much.

I ordered Outlaw Star & Anthem of the Heart from them a week before the 12 Days deal. I can guarantee their packaging is still as bad as you remember. At least Anthem arrived in pristine condition... Outlaw Star, not so much.
Fingers crossed :/ I'll post an update once it arrives, hopefully before Christmas.

Last edited:
Back