UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Has anyone ordered something from the AL webshop outside of the UK and can confirm what the packaging is?

When I ordered the exclusive FMP CE for £50 (£11.50 shipping stings like hell) it was packaged in a solid cardboard box with those air pillows both under the set and over it + some other plastic wrap thing thrown in for good measure.

When I ordered the exclusive FMP CE for £50 (£11.50 shipping stings like hell) it was packaged in a solid cardboard box with those air pillows both under the set and over it + some other plastic wrap thing thrown in for good measure.

Thanks for answering. I hope this is also true for Your Name since the FMP UE was bigger than normal CEs IIRC . I'd much rather pay the extra £11,50 because
  1. I don't want to deal with replacements until I get a copy that isn't damaged
  2. I can support AL directly that way
  3. I can annoy Jeremy if something went wrong :D

Last edited:
Afraid this won't be discounted beyond the £49.99. It's pretty gauche when you have a partner for the product undercutting it - so I'm afraid we're being respectful in this case as the SKU isn't for the AL store only there :). To be clear it will match the Zavvi pricing.

We've also put out there a great Steelbook version with all the disc extras you get in the Deluxe and you can get that for £24.99 across retail too if pricing is the issue or the standards too. So we can't be accused of forcing two extreme choices really here xD.

Re price - keep in mind that book took a LOT of stress and time to clear and do (there's a reason the Funi one is 60 pages!) After checking the white sample I can attest that 132 pages including cover is a real book over a booklet too.

Hope this makes sense and while we strive to do Early Bird's on most product, sometimes we have to play fair too when it's only available from one other place :). It's a complicated tight rope and I'd love to explain it to folks someday but it's a chat best done in lecture or panel format than forums.

Best,

AP

Scratch that my £50 has now been spent on the Deluxe Edition. I can hear you grinning with laughter :p.

Afraid this won't be discounted beyond the £49.99. It's pretty gauche when you have a partner for the product undercutting it - so I'm afraid we're being respectful in this case as the SKU isn't for the AL store only there :). To be clear it will match the Zavvi pricing.

We've also put out there a great Steelbook version with all the disc extras you get in the Deluxe and you can get that for £24.99 across retail too if pricing is the issue or the standards too. So we can't be accused of forcing two extreme choices really here xD.

Re price - keep in mind that book took a LOT of stress and time to clear and do (there's a reason the Funi one is 60 pages!) After checking the white sample I can attest that 132 pages including cover is a real book over a booklet too.

Hope this makes sense and while we strive to do Early Bird's on most product, sometimes we have to play fair too when it's only available from one other place :). It's a complicated tight rope and I'd love to explain it to folks someday but it's a chat best done in lecture or panel format than forums.

Best,

AP

Speaking of Early Birds, I was wondering, do you think you'll do an EB for Eureka Seven Ultimate Edition? I'm just wondering because, living in Portugal, due to the postage fees, even with EB, buying from your store directly usually ends up being more expensive than, say, buying from Amazon, but in the case of Ultimate Editions it ends up cheaper (at least that was the case with FMA); I'd like to pre-order it ASAP, but if you think there'll be an EB, I'll wait until then.

With Discotek announcing a Blu for December, any chance of AL picking up Barefoot Gen for a UK release? The old Optimum appears to be OOP...

Hey all, just a quick mention on Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ that is coming out soon.
When Mobile Suit Gundam Z came out I was highly disappointed and tweeted to Jeremy on the situation.
It was regarding that the OP/ED music is not original but had the American audio instead, and all the credits was in English,
a big change from the Mobile Suit Gunadam 79 release. I was disappointed that this was not mentioned before hand or on the blogs on All the Anime site.

I am not here for a debate/argument and opinions or if no one cares. I just want to know about what will MSGZZ contain.

On the shop I can see it has only the Japanese audio which I presume the OP/ED will have the original songs/credits intact in Japanese?

I just don't want to buy this and be disappointed again and that MSGZZ OP song by TWO-MIX is awesome and I don't want a change.

Thanks in advance, I do know Jeremy does reply on the forums from time to time.

Back