UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

But there were not any French subs for MSG, who told you that French subs were scheduled from the begining for Zeta?
Andrew has stated from the start that Zeta will have French subs alongside the English subs/dub as they also have the license for there. These French subs had to be created from scratch for Zeta as it was never released there. The creation of the subs had already pushed the date a good bit down the road from the US release which was made worse with the additional 5 month delay to the French assests.

The only reason we are getting the MSG movie trilogy on bluray here is also due to AL having the French rights. The French subs for the MSG trilogy already existed from the BEEZ release hence the much shorter delay.

Last edited:
Anime Limited have done a super job with older shows. I hope they would also consider Banner/Crest of the stars seeing as Funimation already have the licence and it is a Sunrise property. If they feel like rescuing Gosick as some point as well that would be super.

since MVM isn't planning to how about if Anime Limited could get the "Slayers : The Motion Picture + OVA BD Box" license. We need a good release of that

Super excited for Nadesico as it's one of my all time favorite shows!! :D

About Slayers. Haven't MVM said in the past it sold like a flaming bag of crap? So I doubt anyone would touch it, even Anime Limited.

About Slayers. Haven't MVM said in the past it sold like a flaming bag of crap? So I doubt anyone would touch it, even Anime Limited.

This is the film, which MVM has never had. It was ADV Films UK who had the previous UK rights.
I haven't heard any statements MVM have made about the TV Series, but it doesn't help its pretty old and never really had that big of a UK following.

This is the film, which MVM has never had. It was ADV Films UK who had the previous UK rights.
I haven't heard any statements MVM have made about the TV Series, but it doesn't help its pretty old and never really had that big of a UK following.

Hopefully a US license of the films and OVA will happen, as it was a hugely popular title over there. It's strange Funimation never picked them up after ADV's license expired.

My point is that the series sold so badly no right minded business would license it. It's a sad thing to say because it's a great series (I own the US ADV movie collection thin pak) but in the same way if they announced a Samurai Flamenco movie tomorrow AL most likely wouldn't jump at the license :p I'd buy it, and maybe 10 other people but I doubt they'd recoup the cost :D

Back